Tebge Frhäro | The Planet of Frahaire

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Tebge Frhäro | The Planet of Frahaire

Post by loftyD »

Hi, this is a conworld project I'm developing at the moment.

Below, the map of Sarnibahou, the largest continent of Frhäro.
Spoiler:
The con-country that I'll probably be dealing with the most is Ropbii (/rQp.bi:/) , as modern day language started from there.
CWNC.Net: Fharö Conworld Profile wrote:
Ropbii

Ropbii has been a divided island for most of it's occupation by Gfenliih and Tiiäbo Military. The island is considered a "war zone", and tourists are best advised to not go there. Ropbii only lets in citizens from Unasdesa, which means all aeroplanes must land in the capital's airport and then take off again for Ropbii. Planes only fly to Hii Ropbii as the Tiiäbo Military occupy the other airport in the South. Ferries do operate to the Freta Islands regularly.

It is said that language originated from Ropbii, therefore most of the countries in Sarnibahou speak Ropbiin.

The country's weather is a near tropical climate with average temperatures reaching 45C everyday. In winter, temperatures reach about 25C and lower.

The legal status of the island is very difficult. The south is technically part of Tiiäbo, but the North, occupied by Gfenliih military has it's own parliament.

.... .... ....

Gfenliih, Gfonblii & The Inoda Islands

Gfenliih, the birth of modern technology. Gfenliih is a very technological nation and proudly boasts this feat whether you go in the country. It's latest invention by a Gfenliihian company are teleporting pads, you can program a destination code and it will take you anywhere in the country.

Gfonblii, which placename origins mean "shoe", is a quiet place. Lots of unpolluted beaches and a long mountain range the runs from the north to the south east. Popular with hikers and the International Sarnibahou Hiking Club is based on the island.

The Inoda Islands again are a quiet retreat. Not much is known about these islands, because although part of Gfenliih, they have a different law and political system. The latest political party has began a Fascist regime, and wants to declare war on Unasdesa for "past damages".

Tiiäbo & Frhesghf

Tiiäbo is an uncertain place. The Ropbii conflict and relations with Gfenliih are a bit shaky and the government has put censorship in these two areas, "in order to deal with these issues appropiately".

Frhesghf is an island that people cannot visit, this is because the island belongs to the Tiiäbo military, when males and females become conscripted, they are sent there for training. Tiiäbo is one of the last countries in Sarnibahou that do not recognise conscientious objection. The penalty for not doing your military service, removal of your Tiiäban citizenship. The Freta Islands offers rehousing for those who object to their military, but at a hefty price.
If you want to read about the other countries: Please click here.
mostly inactive now. Login now and again
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Tebge Frhäro | The Planet of Frahaire

Post by loftyD »

I've managed to design flags for all the concountries!

Hii Ropbii / Ropbii :

Freta Islands :

Utresban :

Hiböhera :

Unasdesa :

Tiiabö :

Gfenliih (Including The Inoda Islands and Gfonblii):

Notes :

The moon has different connotations and is not related to Islam. The moon signifies love and peace on Sarnibahou. The star represents a "nation" or "state" within the country itself.

Tiiabö's flag is a take on "Big Brother". As the government nearly represses its people, people seem to have the idea that the government is watching their every move, especially when the new government scrapped the old flag in place for the current flag.

Red and Yellow, however used, automatically mean death and blood. With the current political state Unasdesa is in, the Unasdesa Flag Council modified the flag (which was without a soldier and a U). They decided to add it in as it reinforces the Unasdesa "being". Many politicians spread the word of the "being" in their speeches and out in public.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Unasdesa's land looks like a hammer. How appropriate. They also seem a bit different from us: We prefer our fascism to be covered up with friendly-sounding slogans. And we welcome it with open arms.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by loftyD »

hehe. I never really noticed that :D hehe. Work and Labour forever. :D
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

I'm guessing they're enemies with Gfenliih. Even the landmass is beating the crap out of them!
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by loftyD »

Gfenliih and Gfonblii signed a peace treaty, but the Inoda Islands did not, and have recently gone to war with Unasdesa! haha.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

How did the U get on that flag? Do they use the Roman alpiabet? If so, how did they acquire it?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 87,413 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by loftyD »

They acquired the Roman Alphabet because I couldn't be arsed to create a writing system for the conworld. hehehe.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I may do a story on how "ET's (Americans :D)" came supposedly to the planet and then the writing system was spread, or something...
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by loftyD »

Based on what Khemehekis said, I have developed a native script for Ropbiin and Fretanese. It's based on the conscript "EnglishCode" by William Richards I believe (well it's at Omniglot...) . I've modified for Ropbiin and Fretanese usage.

Orthographical changes:

Ropbiin now has k instead of ĉ.
Fretanese now uses Ropbiin ä , ö , ü instead a , o, u with macrons.

Font link: http://www.loftyd.net/ropbii2.ttf

Font name is Ropbiin and on font lists it will appear as Ropbiin Script.

Once installed go here. The code in the quote box should be different!
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by loftyD »

http://cwnc.net/ropbiintest.php?text=He ... 0conlanger.

The characters currently supported are:

á, â, à, ä
é, ê, è
í, î, ì
ó, ô, ò, ö
ú, û, ù, ü
ć, ś

You can make your own Ropbiin image haha...
conlangconstructor
sinic
sinic

Post by conlangconstructor »

Cool! I love the way it looks.
loftyD
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by loftyD »

thanks. When the font is smaller, it looks like a cross between Hebrew and Armenian! Take a look at http://cwnc.net/index.php?id=27 . You might get what I mean!