My planets

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

My planets

Post by Arzemju »

Hey, i'm making planets in my free time and i've made one I wanted to share with you:

BIG IMAGE (1440x900)
Spoiler:
I made it in less than an hour in photoshop, and am satisfied with the result, what do you think?
Fluent: :fra: :eng: | Learning: :esp: :tgl: :epo:
Maximillian
greek
greek

Re: My planets

Post by Maximillian »

Wow, it's beautiful. :-o
What is that smaller ball of lava in the background?
UNUS•ET•UNICUS
Testyal
roman
roman

Post by Testyal »

It isn't a ball of lava it's some sort of star, a bit like our sun I'm assuming.
:deu: :fra: :zho: :epo:
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

I think he's talking about the spherical thing with the red cracks in it. If I had to wager a guess it's probably a moon of the big purple gas giant, perhaps recently formed and still cooling.

While it's better than anything I could do, I suggest using higher-detail textures. The stars in the background are also... Yeah. Might I suggest this?
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Arzemju »

Micamo wrote:I think he's talking about the spherical thing with the red cracks in it. If I had to wager a guess it's probably a moon of the big purple gas giant, perhaps recently formed and still cooling.

While it's better than anything I could do, I suggest using higher-detail textures. The stars in the background are also... Yeah. Might I suggest this?
The lens flare kind of ruined the quality :(

As for stars, I was experimenting on making a gas planet so I didn't try to make them good.
The Spherical thing with red cracks IS a moon yes. I forgot to spherize it so it's not really good looking :(
Ilaeriu
sinic
sinic

Post by Ilaeriu »

Hey, you came back! :D

Very nice! Done in Photoshop, I assume? Maybe you could give us some tips; you might have seen my own planet that I did in another thread here, yours looks way more realistic than mine.

(in order of proficiency from greatest to least)
Native :eng: | Fluent :tgl: | Learning :esp: · :kor: · :zho: · :qbc: | Want to learn :lat: · :jpn: · :ara:
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Arzemju »

Ilaeriu wrote:Hey, you came back! :D

Very nice! Done in Photoshop, I assume? Maybe you could give us some tips; you might have seen my own planet that I did in another thread here, yours looks way more realistic than mine.
Yeah i'll often stop by and post some messages here but I gave up with conlanging for a few years.

I'll surely make a tutorial on youtube this week or next week but I don't promise anything. If I do i'll PM you the link for video.
Ilaeriu
sinic
sinic

Post by Ilaeriu »

Oh, I see.

I'll look forward to it! Thanks.

(in order of proficiency from greatest to least)
Native :eng: | Fluent :tgl: | Learning :esp: · :kor: · :zho: · :qbc: | Want to learn :lat: · :jpn: · :ara: