Diachronic Conlanging open world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Diachronic Conlanging open world

Post by rajavlitra »

I always envisioned Teles to be larger than earth at some point.

that and it's a mostly solarpunk postmodern futuristic cloudcuckooland paradise
If anyone has asked what I tend to draw on my pc, it's mountains. Fucking mountains. (dA | tumblr)

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

rajavlitra wrote:I always envisioned Teles to be larger than earth at some point.

That was among the initial ideas, but we ruled it out eventually when we realized the scale left the cultures/languages too far form each other.

And I don't picture Teles being any better than Earth at any given point. *googling solarpunk*
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

loglorn wrote:
rajavlitra wrote:I always envisioned Teles to be larger than earth at some point.

That was among the initial ideas, but we ruled it out eventually when we realized the scale left the cultures/languages too far form each other.

And I don't picture Teles being any better than Earth at any given point. *googling solarpunk*
Well, I thought you were suggesting that Teles should have a significantly lower gravity than Earth.
And this seems to be what solarpunk is.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

YourFace wrote:
loglorn wrote:

Well, I thought you were suggesting that Teles should have a significantly lower gravity than Earth.
And this seems to be what solarpunk is.
Having a significant lower gravity will have very deep biological implications. So that's a no no.
And solarpunk is actually quite pretty, eh. Prettier than all other -punks i'm aware of.

YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

What's the difference between Teles and Old Teles? Why are they both Teles?
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

YourFace wrote:What's the difference between Teles and Old Teles? Why are they both Teles?
I'm assuming "Old Teles" is the original Teles idea (both canon and project-wise).
If anyone has asked what I tend to draw on my pc, it's mountains. Fucking mountains. (dA | tumblr)

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

rajavlitra wrote:
YourFace wrote:What's the difference between Teles and Old Teles? Why are they both Teles?
I'm assuming "Old Teles" is the original Teles idea (both canon and project-wise).
No, the reason I'm calling it "Old Teles" is because the conditions on the planet mimic that of the primordial soup that Teles would've gone through.
YourFace wrote:So which one should be Teles, B or C? I think B should be the one, but with more comfortable conditions for humans.
BTW I think we should move A inward to about 0.6 AU.
I kinda wanted A to be a possible terraforming site, that's why I pushed it so far up. Teles is B. It's conditions are largely Earth-like. I would've liked it to be warmer though.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

I'm okay with it being warmer, but the fact that A is so close brings about the possibility of the planets destabilizing each other.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

I've been wrapping my head on Modern Teles for a while. Particularly in technology. I've been thinking, should we be more advanced than earth some aspects and lagging behind it in others? I've suggested using airships as a mainstream form of transportation in teles back on the skypechat the other day, and me and YourFace have been thinking about a more radically different form of internet.

What do you guys think?

Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

My people will use it, but I guess they might not influence it.

Another question. After the time of the occupied Nautlic Prinipalities, I think Nautli island will not be an independent nation. I do want them to have their own civil code, however. I don't really want them to have their own foreign policy and so on. I thought of one colonizing nation that would accept the different traditional Nautli civil law systems after some struggle. Who would be willing to do that?
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

Here is a map of Teles, including the poles, that I am pitching.
Any advice, or changes I should make?
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Show the globe view, which is far easier to visualize. And layer the tectonics over it if possible.

YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

Sorry, I tried to copy the tectonics but I failed at that.

But here's the globe:
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

I also forgot, me and the other peeps at Skype have been developing a new wiki for Teles (click on the thing!)

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

rajavlitra wrote:I also forgot, me and the other peeps at Skype have been developing a new wiki for Teles (click on the thing!)

I'd rather not use MediaWiki. It'll be a hassle converting what exists into a usable form. Let's keep with Wikia
Creyeditor wrote:My people will use it, but I guess they might not influence it.

Another question. After the time of the occupied Nautlic Prinipalities, I think Nautli island will not be an independent nation. I do want them to have their own civil code, however. I don't really want them to have their own foreign policy and so on. I thought of one colonizing nation that would accept the different traditional Nautli civil law systems after some struggle. Who would be willing to do that?
The Akuriga are the closest civilization as of 800 AK, exhibiting a large navy used to invade Tungwani. But I don't think we would be able to reasonably reach you
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

qwed117 wrote:
rajavlitra wrote:I also forgot, me and the other peeps at Skype have been developing a new wiki for Teles (click on the thing!)

I'd rather not use MediaWiki. It'll be a hassle converting what exists into a usable form. Let's keep with Wikia
I doubt it, I personally do much of the conversion as of yet.

opipik
mayan
mayan

Post by opipik »

[+1] [+1] ...
YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

Well, me and Raj are transfering much of the templates over, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I guess I won't be able to move my things on my own. Also there is at least one collaborator, who is not a member of this forum.
qwed117 wrote:
Creyeditor wrote:My people will use it, but I guess they might not influence it.

The Akuriga are the closest civilization as of 800 AK, exhibiting a large navy used to invade Tungwani. But I don't think we would be able to reasonably reach you
It wouldn't be a big deal for if you could reach me at a later point in time. Would that be more reasonable?
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

YourFace wrote:Image
Here is a map of Teles, including the poles, that I am pitching.
Any advice, or changes I should make?
looks nice, thank you :)
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.