My Conpeople

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Tanni
greek
greek

Re: My Conpeople

Post by Tanni »

Micamo wrote:
Tanni wrote:
Micamo wrote:The IRS is the Internal Revenue Service. In the US, this is the agency responsible for administering tax collection. If you don't pay your taxes you go to prison. Take that little detail away and I wonder how many people would still give the IRS money.
So IRS is more commonly known as ''ministry of finance'', ''The Exchequer'', ''treasury'' or ''treasury department''?
In the US, the IRS is generally known as just "The IRS." But I guess the Ministry of Finance must be the british equivalent.
There are still some people living outside the US! (Maybe I should complete my Green Card application?) According to my online dictionary, the british equivalent is ''Treasury''.
Last edited by Tanni on 16 Nov 2010 21:32, edited 3 times in total.
My neurochemistry has fucked my impulse control, now I'm diagnosed OOD = oppositional opinion disorder, one of the most deadly diseases in totalitarian states, but can be cured in the free world.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Tanni wrote:There are still some people living outside the US. According to my online dictionary, the british equvalent is Treasury.
I know. That's why I said to substitute it for your state's equivalent.

But enough about that.
(g) What happens to orphans?
~ Orphans don't tend to occur.
Ainu, your "elves" wouldn't happen to be immortal, would they?
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

No. They're just very frickin' comfy. They havn't faced any real threats at all.

But that all changes in the book amma write about them, where they finally fight those human basterdz.
Vasak Kseni du Lamisa Sensen sen.
Native: :eng:
Learning: :deu: :con: Daljetz
Interest: :esp:
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

(g) What happens to orphans?
~ Orphans don't tend to occur.
Is there no way that they occur? What happens if the parents die? Or are killed? What happens to those children that are orphaned?
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Ainuke wrote:But that all changes in the book amma write about them, where they finally fight those human basterdz.
Oh great, another 'humans are so evil' book.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Ainuke wrote:No. They're just very frickin' comfy. They havn't faced any real threats at all.
So I guess diseases and accidents never happen then.

My shitty twitter
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Micamo wrote:
Ainuke wrote:No. They're just very frickin' comfy. They havn't faced any real threats at all.
So I guess diseases and accidents never happen then.
Very rarely indeed. This is based alot on my own religion, with the core of the whole thing taken out so that I can actually make a Culture. No, I don't believe in Dragons/Blue Tigers. I believe that happy people don't get diseases. My people are very happy.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Ainuke wrote:Very rarely indeed. This is based alot on my own religion, with the core of the whole thing taken out so that I can actually make a Culture. No, I don't believe in Dragons/Blue Tigers. I believe that happy people don't get diseases. My people are very happy.
What Religion is that?
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Thakowsaizmu wrote:
Ainuke wrote:Very rarely indeed. This is based alot on my own religion, with the core of the whole thing taken out so that I can actually make a Culture. No, I don't believe in Dragons/Blue Tigers. I believe that happy people don't get diseases. My people are very happy.
What Religion is that?
I call it a Religion, 'cos that's as close as you get to explaining it. It has no name at all.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Ainuke wrote:Edit: Not Inyauk! They do not kill eachother, nor do they wish to hurt eachother! It's just a peace of harmless, but painful fun.
Clearly they have never been in love.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Ossicone wrote:
Ainuke wrote:Edit: Not Inyauk! They do not kill eachother, nor do they wish to hurt eachother! It's just a peace of harmless, but painful fun.
Clearly they have never been in love.
Huh?
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Ainuke wrote:
Thakowsaizmu wrote:
What Religion is that?
I call it a Religion, 'cos that's as close as you get to explaining it. It has no name at all.
So it's a philosophy, then.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Ossicone wrote: Clearly they have never been in love.
Hehe
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Thakowsaizmu wrote:
What Religion is that?
The cult of wishful thinking. If you pretend your problems don't exist, you won't have any!

My shitty twitter
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Micamo wrote:
Thakowsaizmu wrote:
What Religion is that?
The cult of wishful thinking. If you pretend your problems don't exist, you won't have any!
Almost. Except you don't pretend, you actually get rid of them. When it comes to physical problems, that's to do with your problems in your mind.

But anyway, please get back on the topic of filling the holes I've left in my Conpeople ;P
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Micamo wrote:
Thakowsaizmu wrote:
What Religion is that?
Hmm, I am weary of cults. But I know that the cult of wishful thinking is a real let down. I mean, they really don't deliver...
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Ainuke wrote:Almost. Except you don't pretend, you actually get rid of them. When it comes to physical problems, that's to do with your problems in your mind.

But anyway, please get back on the topic of filling the holes I've left in my Conpeople ;P
This is a hole.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

(m) What secret vice actually is practiced?
~ *************
What? If you're worried about offending someone then don't be. We're (mostly) adults here.
(p) How do the genders dress?
~ However you'd like.

(r) What professions or activities are considered masculine?
~ N/A

(s) What professions or activities are viewed as feminine?
~ N/A
I know it might violate your sacred ideal of perfect gender equality but this is neither realistic nor desirable.
(u) What is the biggest sexual taboo?
~ Ear sex.
And you were afraid to say this before? :/

Also, how does it fit?
(d) What colors are associated with power? With virtue? With death?
~ White is considered Positive, Black Negative. Other colours have special meanings.
Nondescription yay?
(e) If two men get into a fight, how is this supposed to be resolved?
~ It is not. Duels are until one gives in. You are banished to a different town, until you return to the one you began at. You are then considered a weak fighter and offered free and special training.
...I don't even know how to respond to this.
(i) How do people demonstrate grief?
~ If a person loses a Soulmate, they usually sail away from the island and never return. No one knows where they go. They simply do not answer, and do not speak.
Why? Where do they actually go?
(p) How private are bodily functions like bathing or defecating?
~ Defecating is done privately in one's home, as to avoid others SMELLING it. Bathing can be public, such as in waterfalls and warm pools (these are only found on the coast or in the mountains)
Do they have plumbing?

My shitty twitter
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Micamo wrote:
(e) If two men get into a fight, how is this supposed to be resolved?
~ It is not. Duels are until one gives in. You are banished to a different town, until you return to the one you began at. You are then considered a weak fighter and offered free and special training.
...I don't even know how to respond to this.
Hehe, thank you. I needed a giggle.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT REALISM? xD

They indeed have a form of plumbing. Good question, and I'm gonna be thinking hard on how the FREEEECK to make that work. O_O
And when they die, their Soul is supposed to go to a dimension without Time/Space, where it eternally but never chatters with other souls until it does and does not find a new body. My head hurts.