New to posting conworlds... (x-posted from old cbb)

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Delia
rupestrian
rupestrian

New to posting conworlds... (x-posted from old cbb)

Post by Delia »

I've been working on a conworld, up at the conworlds wikia here, off and on for about a year now.

Now, mainly everything has simply evolved a lot over the course of a year, the vast majority of what I have done is conceptual and introductory in nature--things like historical events and important concepts or social groups.

The actual conlang aspect is largely at the conceptual level, with most of the work at the level of metaphors and word order.

I suppose what I'd like input on is..well. Honestly, whether my world in general comes off as overly cliched, complete rubbish, and/or full of contradictions. I'm not only completely new to this board, but completely new to putting out any of my work on the internet at all--and feeling rather insecure about letting any of my stuff see the light of day. Some thoughts, opinions, and general constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated right now.

(and yes, I'm an idiot who didn't notice the "cbb is moving" and "no new posts" rules at the old site...until too late)
Ilaeriu
sinic
sinic

Re: New to posting conworlds... (x-posted from old cbb)

Post by Ilaeriu »

Haven't read it all, but the Sense of Something Missing is a very intriguing concept! I'll read more later if I have the chance.

Also, the landforms look a bit awkward, but that might just be the map projection.

(in order of proficiency from greatest to least)
Native :eng: | Fluent :tgl: | Learning :esp: · :kor: · :zho: · :qbc: | Want to learn :lat: · :jpn: · :ara:
Delia
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: New to posting conworlds... (x-posted from old cbb)

Post by Delia »

For clarification's sake, what exactly about the map is awkward? Is it the layout of the continents? The arrangement of climates?

If it's the former, I can put up a map showing the tectonic plates and plate movements, so they make more "sense."