Engelangs

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
cntrational
greek
greek

Re: Engelangs

Post by cntrational »

Sphinx isn't saying it's a good thing, just that most of the internet is like that.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

druneragarsh wrote:
Ear of the Sphinx wrote:
Salmoneus wrote:Seriously? Do you seriously think you're so wonderful and adored in this community that you're in a position to make topics shitting on other people's work because you're so much better than them?
Is that your sense of how the internet works? Newbie comes along, posts twenty posts a day asking questions but never produces anything of their own and throws strops because none of the answers are what they want, and then a couple of months later has a big "let's ridicule and belittle the idiots who aren't as good as me" thread?
This is not my sense of how the internet generally works.
Apparently Sal's never been to the internet.
Just 'cause some places on the internet are bad doesn't mean that we should let the CBB become a utter and complete cesspit.
[+1]
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

druneragarsh wrote:
Ear of the Sphinx wrote:
Salmoneus wrote:Seriously? Do you seriously think you're so wonderful and adored in this community that you're in a position to make topics shitting on other people's work because you're so much better than them?
Is that your sense of how the internet works? Newbie comes along, posts twenty posts a day asking questions but never produces anything of their own and throws strops because none of the answers are what they want, and then a couple of months later has a big "let's ridicule and belittle the idiots who aren't as good as me" thread?
This is not my sense of how the internet generally works.
Apparently Sal's never been to the internet.
Just 'cause some places on the internet are bad doesn't mean that we should let the CBB become a utter and complete cesspit.
Yes, clearly, we don't.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Ahzoh wrote:
druneragarsh wrote: Just 'cause some places on the internet are bad doesn't mean that we should let the CBB become a utter and complete cesspit.
Yes, clearly, we don't.
There seems to be a good deal of sarcasm in here... does that mean that you think we haven't done a good job of avoiding the "cesspit" that drune is talking about? Or some other thing?
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Thrice Xandvii wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:
druneragarsh wrote: Just 'cause some places on the internet are bad doesn't mean that we should let the CBB become a utter and complete cesspit.
Yes, clearly, we don't.
There seems to be a good deal of sarcasm in here... does that mean that you think we haven't done a good job of avoiding the "cesspit" that drune is talking about? Or some other thing?
I'm saying there is no implication that by saying the internet is shitty that we are suggesting to let CBB turn into [the rest of] it [the internet].
Last edited by Ahzoh on 29 Nov 2015 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Vardelm
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Vardelm »

Ahzoh wrote:I'm saying there is no implication that by saying the internet is shitty that we are suggesting to let CBB turn into it.
[o.O]

This should be turned into a translation challenge.
Darvince
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Darvince »

I think this could make a better translation challenge [:P]
CBB forum is of Polandball
My minicity

:usa: Fluent
:esp: C1
:con: Himalian, A1
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by shanoxilt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41fvrtPVUc

Gua\spi is a tonal logical language, which is pretty rare occurrence.
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.