Conaccents or invented accents of natlangs

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Conaccents or invented accents of natlangs

Post by teengirlsquad »

I was also influenced by Kath & Kim, and that entire turning-every-other-vowel-into-oi thingy. Hell, I even had to redo one "draft" because it almost sounded like an impersonation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjYGBUuHmA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSMmxyGeEb4
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:I don't really know what Singapore English sounds like, but based on what I think I know, I might also guess some influence from Singlish. I wouldn't be confident at all, though.
But I'm not from Singapore.
Well,
in the first place, we're talking about your creatively-made-up conaccent, not your real-life natural accent;
in the second place I said I wasn't confident and didn't think I really knew enough about Singlish to have any confidence;
in the third place you said to guess, and if I had to guess, that might be part of my guess, but given my ignorance I probably would have preferred not to guess.

I'd guess you're also not from California?
And, based on your appearance and the sound of your voice, aren't a girl?
Also, if you're still a teen, I'd guess you're past or close to eighteen; if not still a teen, still shy of 25 (maybe close to 21?).

All of the above are just guesses on my part. I will not be at all embarrassed to find out any or even all of them are in error.
I will, however, be chagrinned if my errors offend you; I hope they don't!

Are the characters in Teen Girl Squad supposed to be Californian? Or other West Coast USAnian? Or Hawaiian?
Are its creators men from California or the West Coast or Hawaii? I'd guess so.

What about my saying that, if forced to guess, I'd say I detected a bit of UK influence there?
But Teen Girl Squad is just a man talking in a bunch of funny voices.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

teengirlsquad wrote:
me wrote:Are the characters in Teen Girl Squad supposed to be Californian? Or other West Coast USAnian? Or Hawaiian?
I knew it was male voice(s) imitating the characters' voices. I didn't know it was one guy (Teen StepDad, right?).
That's why I asked about the creator(s) being men (or a man) from Calif., separately from asking where the characters are supposed to be from.
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
me wrote:Are the characters in Teen Girl Squad supposed to be Californian? Or other West Coast USAnian? Or Hawaiian?
I knew it was male voice(s) imitating the characters' voices. I didn't know it was one guy (Teen StepDad, right?).
That's why I asked about the creator(s) being men (or a man) from Calif., separately from asking where the characters are supposed to be from.
Indiana, now living in the South.
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
Any Californian influence was not deliberate and is just an effect of media that you could also hear outside of my conaccent.
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
For reference, this is what a typical episode of Teen Girl Squad sounds like.
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Znex wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
Wait, this is from the same guy who made homestarrunner.com?
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

qwed117 wrote:
Znex wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
Wait, this is from the same guy who made homestarrunner.com?
Yeah man, The Brothers Chaps, who have also done work on The Aquabats! Super Show!, Gravity Falls, and have worked quite a bit with They Might Be Giants.
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

teengirlsquad wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:I don't really know what Singapore English sounds like, but based on what I think I know, I might also guess some influence from Singlish. I wouldn't be confident at all, though.
Well,
in the first place, we're talking about your creatively-made-up conaccent, not your real-life natural accent;
in the second place I said I wasn't confident and didn't think I really knew enough about Singlish to have any confidence;
in the third place you said to guess, and if I had to guess, that might be part of my guess, but given my ignorance I probably would have preferred not to guess.

Also, if you're still a teen, I'd guess you're past or close to eighteen; if not still a teen, still shy of 25 (maybe close to 21?).

All of the above are just guesses on my part. I will not be at all embarrassed to find out any or even all of them are in error.

Are the characters in Teen Girl Squad supposed to be Californian? Or other West Coast USAnian? Or Hawaiian?

What about my saying that, if forced to guess, I'd say I detected a bit of UK influence there?
I do have a bunch of vlogs where I talk in my natural voice though.
So you've seen my vlogs, how do you think do I sound like when I'm not doing my conaccent?
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

teengirlsquad wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:
teengirlsquad wrote:
Well,

I do have a bunch of vlogs where I talk in my natural voice though.
So you've seen my vlogs, how do you think do I sound like when I'm not doing my conaccent?
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

Wait, I saw this video and now I realized I accidentally sounded almost Bermudian in my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXdmzJGLaU
teengirlsquad
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by teengirlsquad »

teengirlsquad wrote: 17 Nov 2017 17:28
Wait, I saw this video and now I realized I accidentally sounded almost Bermudian in my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXdmzJGLaU
Here's my conaccent's accent tag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTcGsgd2qH4