Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by Ahzoh »

eldin raigmore wrote:
Arveyres wrote:My language (Arveyran) is being taught to my sister, niece and nephew alongside English and French :) I would consider the language complete up until the point where newer words must be acquired, and I make them up on the spot, usually taking a Romance language word and modifying it, or a Slavic/Germanic/Semitic word and butchering it to all hell.

So, you could say, the language has 2 native speakers, and 2 L2 (actually L5) speakers.
If that's so, we're all goddam jealous. The average successful conlang winds up with a total of 1 speakers, of whom 0 are fluent speakers.
Speak for yourself, I'm pretty fluent in my conlang, and one day I will teach it.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Fanael
sinic
sinic

Post by Fanael »

eldin raigmore wrote:
Arveyres wrote:My language (Arveyran) is being taught to my sister, niece and nephew alongside English and French :) I would consider the language complete up until the point where newer words must be acquired, and I make them up on the spot, usually taking a Romance language word and modifying it, or a Slavic/Germanic/Semitic word and butchering it to all hell.

So, you could say, the language has 2 native speakers, and 2 L2 (actually L5) speakers.
If that's so, we're all goddam jealous.
Please don't generalize. I'm not.
thaen
roman
roman

Post by thaen »

Let's see it, Arveyres! I'm sure many of us would love to see such a successful conlang! [:)]
:con: Nillahimma
:con: Øð!
:con: Coneylang

I am the Great Rabbit. Fear me, O Crabs!
Spoiler:
ı θ ð ʃ ɲ ŋ ʔ ɛ ə ø ʑ ɕ ʷ ʲ ⁿ
Himmel
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Himmel »

Hi! I'm Himmel from the US and I'm new. I've been conlanging on and off for a few years. I'll be posting some stuff on my current conlang in a couple minutes. I started with these miserable, undeveloped ciphers as a little kid, but I think I've learned quite a bit more about linguistics.... at least enough that my conlang isn't a cipher...
Well... I'm a college student. Right now I'm taking German classes in school. Languages are just a fun hobby for me.
Hm. I dunno what else to say. So. Done!
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Welcome aboard, Himmel!
[:)]
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

What Lambuzhao just said; glad to have you here, Himmel.
bubbles
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by bubbles »

Hi, I'm Bubbles! I'm new to conlanging. I have no clue how to even start. I want to learn because my boyfriend talks about it all the time and I want to know what he is talking about. Maybe I can even learn to conlang myself. [B)] I know I can learn a lot from everyone here.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Hi bubbles, welcome [:D]

If you have questions, ask people. And definitely use the Beginner's Board!
Ashucky
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ashucky »

Well, I thought I'd start by posting here ... Hi everyone! [:D] I finally decided to return to this forum after several years, I used to be active in the old forum back in 2008 and 2009, I think. I also remember some of the members' names that are still active, though. [:)]

Anyways, I'm from Slovenia (for now, I hope in a few years that won't be the case anymore) and I'm now a MA student of English and Comparative Linguistics, and since 2009 I've done lots of conlanging and whatnot. I hope to become an active member again and I'll be posting my stuff here as well. So, I'll be around [:)]
The whole world is my garden - I have created it and I rule it. The heavens envy me, and the gods stand before me humble.
Hūmantit kuēte esti kirītu-met – ūg apēn harmi samnāntā nu ūg apān ēlhami. Nēbetar mi arsanti nu dēvei istahantar gengei par amāt.
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Hey, you look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere? [:P]
Ashucky
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ashucky »

Dormouse559 wrote:Hey, you look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere? [:P]
Hey, right back atcha [:P] I've scouted the forum a bit and noticed several names look familiar. It's pretty cool, though, to see the same people on different forums. [:)]
The whole world is my garden - I have created it and I rule it. The heavens envy me, and the gods stand before me humble.
Hūmantit kuēte esti kirītu-met – ūg apēn harmi samnāntā nu ūg apān ēlhami. Nēbetar mi arsanti nu dēvei istahantar gengei par amāt.
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

Welcome! [:D]
Ashucky wrote:Anyways, I'm from Slovenia (for now, I hope in a few years that won't be the case anymore)
I live in Croatia and that’s how I feel about it as well. [D:]
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Click wrote:Welcome! [:D]
Ashucky wrote:Anyways, I'm from Slovenia (for now, I hope in a few years that won't be the case anymore)
How come?

And welcome, Ashucky! [:)]
Ashucky
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ashucky »

DesEsseintes wrote:
Click wrote:Welcome! [:D]
How come?

And welcome, Ashucky! [:)]
Thanks! [:)]

My boyfriend (he's a conlanger too, yay) is also from Croatia and he too wants to leave the country as soon as possible. [:D] And the reason is that both countries generally suck (economically and politically, less so socially) and there's no hope for a good future there. Speaking for Slovenia, most of the educated young people are leaving the country, fast.
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Post by Ceresz »

Welcome back, Ashucky!
Nannalu
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Nannalu »

Might as well introduce myself here as well.. Hey, guys, you might know me from ZBB already! Past and present [:P] Joined here a while back but just lurked, until now.

I live in the UK at the moment, not too bad here but I'm originally from Australia. Some of y'all might now me from the whole YUCOPia project and the Etheria project from three or four years ago which both sadly died out and after that I stopped conlanging for a while 'cause I was very sick but now I'm back on my game! Glad to get to know you all [:D]
Mets | Ttɯŋjṹol
TheAceRailgun
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by TheAceRailgun »

Hey out there, I'm The Ace Railgun, creator of the Thu'll, Setheahn, and Altearran languages, they're both still a WIP, as I have yet to finish the dictionaries :P. I am open to teaching anyone who would be interested in learning them, after they've been completed.
Languages created: Setheahn, Thu'll, Altearran

Languages learned: English (native), Sign language (native), Thu'll

Languages Learning: Japanese, German, Armenian, and Setheahn
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Welcome Nannalu and TheAceRailgun [:)]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
pgibby8
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by pgibby8 »

Hey all, Paul here
I've always liked conlangs since reading Lord of the Rings, and as the typical fantasy nerd I decided to make my own conlang. It all started with:
Adel ash len nryon zh'vho'l gyaron (sorry, don't know IPA yet. And I've literally been making up sounds that as far as I know aren't in any language. Well, they probably are, but I have no idea how I would encode them in IPA)
and I've started spiralling out of control

I speak English and Spanish and am working on Japanese
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Hello and welcome to everyone who has joined since the beginning of last month (Friday August 1st).
Welcome, Namárië!
Welcome, Arveyres!
Welcome, Himmel!
Welcome, bubbles!
Welcome back, Ashucky! (The name seems familiar.)
Welcome, Nannalu! I don't remember you from the ZBB*. Was your handle there Nannalu as it it here? When were the first and latest times you were actively posting there (if it's OK to ask)? And, glad you're feeling better. (btw what did YUCOPia and Etheria stand for?)
Welcome TheAceRailgun!
And welcome, pgibby8 (Paul)!

All the conlangs any of you have mentioned sound intriguing so far. I look forward to reading more about them.

Spoiler:
I was active on the ZBB from Saturday March 11 2006 until Saturday July 28 2012.
pgibby8 wrote:(sorry, don't know IPA yet. And I've literally been making up sounds that as far as I know aren't in any language. Well, they probably are, but I have no idea how I would encode them in IPA)
See, for instance, http://ipa.typeit.org/full/.