Diachronic Conlanging open world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Re: Diachronic Conlanging open world

Post by loglorn »

YourFace wrote:Have there been any World Wars on Teles?
I'd rather not think about matters that far ahead before my languages get at least somewhat close, which I admit will take a while.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

Creyeditor wrote:I think my people have not yet developed any weapons that could be used in a world war.
I think my question implied "at some point."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

And my answer implied that I'm not yet at that point [:D]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

seems that I haven't worked for Teles for a long time...I recently work more on another collaborative conworld project, and I got to know a program from that project:

http://www.gplates.org

This can help people see how Teles(or any other Earth-based conworld) looks like as a planet, and we can also use this program to calculate the area of various countries, continents and islands, but before that, we need to know the exact latitude of northmost and southmost parts of the known map, that is the following map:

I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

k1234567890y wrote:seems that I haven't worked for Teles for a long time...I recently work more on another collaborative conworld project, and I got to know a program from that project:

This can help people see how Teles(or any other Earth-based conworld) looks like as a planet, and we can also use this program to calculate the area of various countries, continents and islands, but before that, we need to know the exact latitude of northmost and southmost parts of the known map, that is the following map:

Either 60 or 70. Make it seventy, if I remember right it fits better with smappy's stuff and my climate.

k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

loglorn wrote:
k1234567890y wrote:seems that I haven't worked for Teles for a long time...I recently work more on another collaborative conworld project, and I got to know a program from that project:

Either 60 or 70. Make it seventy, if I remember right it fits better with smappy's stuff and my climate.
ok thanks :)
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

Hey, guys.

I'm Rajavlitra (call me knot). I found Teles a long while back and from what I see here, Teles has great potential for an awesome conworld (also that the Wiki's undeveloped too). This thing got me interested and I would like to offer a hand in here!

I do designs, artwork, storytelling and concultures/conreligions, I also dabble on conlangs a bit (I'm more on classifying/connecting the dots kind of person).

A question though, what's the technological level of the planet?
If anyone has asked what I tend to draw on my pc, it's mountains. Fucking mountains. (dA | tumblr)

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Well, at 7500BK, protolang time, the most advanced had just gotten agriculture. We don't have much concrete history beyond that point I think.

What exactly do you e wish to do for Teles?

rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

loglorn wrote:Well, at 7500BK, protolang time, the most advanced had just gotten agriculture. We don't have much concrete history beyond that point I think.

What exactly do you e wish to do for Teles?
Maps, concultures, design work, probably some artwork if circumstances are applicable.
If anyone has asked what I tend to draw on my pc, it's mountains. Fucking mountains. (dA | tumblr)

rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

Does anyone have the full blank map (and topographical) of Teles?

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

rajavlitra wrote:Does anyone have the full blank map (and topographical) of Teles?
You can probably find both if you search carefully in the thread here. If you don't, smappy probably has them. I'll check my maps to see if I've got something for you.

k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

rajavlitra wrote:Hey, guys.

I'm Rajavlitra (call me knot). I found Teles a long while back and from what I see here, Teles has great potential for an awesome conworld (also that the Wiki's undeveloped too). This thing got me interested and I would like to offer a hand in here!

I do designs, artwork, storytelling and concultures/conreligions, I also dabble on conlangs a bit (I'm more on classifying/connecting the dots kind of person).

hello new member :)

I have been inactive in Teles for a long time...I am now working on another conworld project more....however, I have developed my part of people into post-AK age....

Basically, 1 AK is equal to 1 AD/1 CE for our world, and so it would be 2016 AK for Teles now, nowever, most people are still developing the antiquity of their peoples in Teles.

A basically post-AK ethnic group of mine in Teles:

http://telesconlang.wikia.com/wiki/Nanarulamuts

A part of their culture:

http://telesconlang.wikia.com/wiki/Naynah_Lamit

I have even made some characters in Teles, one of them who is a warrior girl: http://telesconlang.wikia.com/wiki/Kumi ... my-Breaker

The colored version of her pic: http://k1234567890y.deviantart.com/art/ ... -585273575

Also, the Teles wiki: http://telesconlang.wikia.com/wiki/Teles_Wiki

the index page of the Teles wiki has a blank map and a topographical map.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

k1234567890y wrote:
rajavlitra wrote:Hey, guys.

hello new member :)

I have been inactive in Teles for a long time...I am now working on another conworld project more....however, I have developed my part of people into post-AK age....

Basically, 1 AK is equal to 1 AD/1 CE for our world, and so it would be 2016 AK for Teles now, nowever, most people are still developing the antiquity of their peoples in Teles.
Oh, cool, cool. I'm excited to see how various differing cultures here deal with technology and politics.
With this in mind (already have a page of my conculture ready for the fleshing), I decided to donate most of my unused stuff originally from my conworld to Teles.

fullpic
Spoiler:

YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

I have a proposal for the positions of the main planets at these positions:
0.44 AU
0.62 AU
1.00 AU (Teles)
1.39 AU
2.64 AU
5.10 AU
8.16 AU
14.933 AU
28.37 AU
39.72 AU

The type of planet at each of these positions has not been decided yet.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

YourFace wrote:I have a proposal for the positions of the main planets at these positions:
0.44 AU
0.62 AU
1.00 AU (Teles)
1.39 AU
2.64 AU
5.10 AU
8.16 AU
14.933 AU
28.37 AU
39.72 AU

1.39 AU should deffo be terrestrial, it can be a potential early colonization point for future Telesians.

YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

We should have a vote on what the planets should be called and any sort of stats (e.g. orbital eccentricity, size, etc) they have.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

As for the names, we may call them whatever we want until there's a need for standardization in the modern age, when it will probably boil down to borrowings from the most influential language.

YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

The farther planets probably won't have names until the invention of the telescope.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

YourFace wrote:I have a proposal for the positions of the main planets at these positions:
0.44 AU
0.62 AU
1.00 AU (Teles)
1.39 AU
2.64 AU
5.10 AU
8.16 AU
14.933 AU
28.37 AU
39.72 AU

I feel like this is too crowded. 10 planets is a lot.
Reckon this:
0.83 AU (A)
1.00 AU (Teles)
1.46 AU (C)
6.76 AU (D)
13.45 AU (E)
25.56 AU(F)

I think it's probably reasonable that either D or E could be excluded to ease the application of the Nice model.
Results:
-Astronomy is significantly easier. We arent absurdly crowded as in our solar system. Hopefully that means less interplanetary impacts. Life would probably have around 1 billion more years to develop.
-Inner planets are closer together. This is both good and bad. If they are too squished, they run the risk of destabilizing each other. In addition the problem of satellite planets exist, where one planet hogs "planetismals" meaning it becomes too large while the others become deprived husks. I don't think these distances are close enough for that to occur though. This also reduces the ability to develop good space programs. Wow, this sounds overwhelmingly negative. Let's go straight to characteristics.
A - lifeless husk like Mercury;
Mass: 0.36 Earths. It has the bare wisps of a magnetic field. Too weak to adequately protect itself from the Sun's harsh glaze, it has minimal atmosphere, mainly poisonous gasses like carbon dioxide, making up as much as 60% of its atmosphere. The next largest is oxygen, at 25%. Other gases make up the remainder of the weak yet deadly atmosphere. Temperature ranges from maybe -80 Celsius to 79 Celsius (Poles-Equator).
B - Teles!
Mass: 0.8~1.2 (1.0) The mass could vary a lot with the same result. Teles will hog up an absurd amount of the gaseous materia of the inner belt at the creation. I personally believe the gravity could be half ours with the same result. Venus is basically pre-Hadean Earth, with a mass 80% of ours. Mars still has a decent atmosphere despite being an 11% of our mass.
C - Old Teles
Mass: 0.8~1.5 (1.2) The battle over these numbers will chaotically change Telesian development. A smaller number means more gas for our atmosphere and more comets for water (if that's actually right:Wikipedia suggests otherwise). But on the other hand, the smaller number means less protection from comets as they will be less caught, and more cataclysmic devestation like the dinosaurs. And the Planetocopia suggests that we have too much water as is! A larger planet also means something else: we could have sister life, a quick stop for astronauts, or an inhabited planet ripe for the taking! But remember, life has a unique property of creating conditions for itself. Life is largely responsible for the fact Earth is not Venus; it's not the distance of the planet as some say. It could be a veiled gas giant: rocky on the inside, gassy on the outside. Temperatures will be from (47 C - 200 C) to (500 C)
D - our Jovian gas giant!
Mass: 212 Jupiter has a gravity only ~2.5x that of earth. D has a gravity 1.75 that of Earthiana. This means that it's well is much smaller than that of Jupiter. Bad for probes like Voyager, but good for ordinary Telesians. Less asteroids in the belt, and possibly the enlargement of C. One side affect: this makes hell erupt if I'm increasing the mass of this fat ass.
E - Big fat Neptunian planet, has a restraining order from the other planets.
Mass: 36 Twice Neptune's mass. Less massive than D, and at the same location as Uranus doesn't help our intrepid cosmonauts. But I'm sure they'll be fine at Uranus. Very cold and not fun at all. I give a 2/7. Lots of sick-ads moons though. Beautiful ring system. It's a shame it's basically invisible to Telesians. Ingrates! A gravity of 2 makes it nasty to be near.

F - Bring a jacket. No wait, they're all frozen
Mass: 12. Gravity here is almost better than Earth (1.1x) Not enought rings tho. Most of the OTBOS are in sync with F including recently demoted G. Sorry folks, he's not a planet. F is decently eccentric (0.093) This might be responsible for bringing magnificent comet showers every one in a while. Call me Hale-Bopped! Other than that he didn't do much in the creation of Teles.he was shoved a lot by E during the growth of the universe. Sad, I know. You should give F a hug. The gravity can't bite, but the cold certainty will.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
YourFace
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by YourFace »

So which one should be Teles, B or C? I think B should be the one, but with more comfortable conditions for humans.
BTW I think we should move A inward to about 0.6 AU.