Adia Pedia - Worldbuilding Project

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Adia - Worldbuilding Project

Post by rajavlitra »

YourFace wrote:It all looks good, but what about Homo Misericordiensis?
The proposal only focuses on the development of modern humans, particularly of the North Bridgeland-Antrecia-Entalaun region.
If anyone has asked what I tend to draw on my pc, it's mountains. Fucking mountains. (dA | tumblr)

Slink
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Slink »

I was thinking that the Duts people (Germanic/Thudic) migrate to Northern Antrecia somewhere between 1500 BC till 500 BC still speaking Proto-Germanic. And about the 200 BC the Thudic Tribes start to split up in the Proto Germanic language becomes a massive dialect continum just like on earth. And by the time of 500 AD. The tribes are separated and kingdoms start arising. The Duts the dominant tried takes over in the year 1000 AD and start expanding southward all the way to the mountains between Dutsrick and Tartessa. In about the year 1600AD some migrate east into Bazgriya and populate that region but only on the north coast.
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Only rajavlitra, yourface, slinksen and me take part in this project...anyone who has a well-developed human conlang but has a trouble finding a place for it can take part in.
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

Slink wrote:I was thinking that the Duts people (Germanic/Thudic) migrate to Northern Antrecia somewhere between 1500 BC till 500 BC still speaking Proto-Germanic. And about the 200 BC the Thudic Tribes start to split up in the Proto Germanic language becomes a massive dialect continum just like on earth. And by the time of 500 AD. The tribes are separated and kingdoms start arising. The Duts the dominant tried takes over in the year 1000 AD and start expanding southward all the way to the mountains between Dutsrick and Tartessa. In about the year 1600AD some migrate east into Bazgriya and populate that region but only on the north coast.
What made the Dauts go south?
If anyone has asked what I tend to draw on my pc, it's mountains. Fucking mountains. (dA | tumblr)

Slink
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Slink »

Since Adia has a tilt of 25° and Earth has a tilt of 23.5° what effect will that have on Adia. The tilt isn't much greater so therefore the seasons will not be that much more extreme than they would be on Earth. There is a site on the Internet called daylight explorer where you can find The amount of daylight at a place on the earth would get at a certain latitude at a certain time of year. The only problem is that Adia doesn't have the same axial tilt as earth. 25° and 23.5° don't seem like that much and they aren't but the amount of daylight a certain latitude would get on Adia would be more extreme during the winter and summer solstices then at the same latitude is earth.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

Slink wrote:Since Adia has a tilt of 25° and Earth has a tilt of 23.5° what effect will that have on Adia. The tilt isn't much greater so therefore the seasons will not be that much more extreme than they would be on Earth. There is a site on the Internet called daylight explorer where you can find The amount of daylight at a place on the earth would get at a certain latitude at a certain time of year. The only problem is that Adia doesn't have the same axial tilt as earth. 25° and 23.5° don't seem like that much and they aren't but the amount of daylight a certain latitude would get on Adia would be more extreme during the winter and summer solstices then at the same latitude is earth.
Take in consideration though

We have a giant ring in the sky, roughly comparable to Saturn

Slink
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Slink »

rajavlitra wrote:
Slink wrote:Looks good can I join?
Sure! Just forward your ideas here and you're good to go!

Most of the development happens on Discord though, click the link!
I tried connecting to the discord and it didn't work
Slink
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Slink »

rajavlitra wrote:
Slink wrote:Looks good can I join?
Sure! Just forward your ideas here and you're good to go!

Most of the development happens on Discord though, click the link!
I tried connected to the discord and it didn't work
Jonnyboi17
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Adia Pedia - Worldbuilding Project

Post by Jonnyboi17 »

I think I would like to join, I have a conlang I would like to use, I can create a conculture or something, its just that I don't have the resources to communicate rn, so I can't Skype or anything like that. I would like to see available space for my future people as well.
Hanerawi dulekiay
“People of Heaven”
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Jonnyboi17 wrote:I think I would like to join, I have a conlang I would like to use, I can create a conculture or something, its just that I don't have the resources to communicate rn, so I can't Skype or anything like that. I would like to see available space for my future people as well.
welcome (:

do you have discord? maybe you can consider to make an acocunt?

what does your language look like? (:
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

Jonnyboi17 wrote:I think I would like to join, I have a conlang I would like to use, I can create a conculture or something, its just that I don't have the resources to communicate rn, so I can't Skype or anything like that. I would like to see available space for my future people as well.
It's fine. You could sign up for the wiki first, we'll figure out a way for you to get in touch with us close.

Jonnyboi17
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Jonnyboi17 »

I need to look through my conlangs first, but I know it will definitely be Asian-like. I will sign up for the wiki and I don't know about discord, maybe not now because I'm in school and I feel like my mom would get suspicious (simply because she is like that.). Now if it is a chat room-type website then I may consider it.
Hanerawi dulekiay
“People of Heaven”
opipik
mayan
mayan

Post by opipik »

Jonnyboi17 wrote:Now if it is a chat room-type website then I may consider it.
It is a chatroom-type website.
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Jonnyboi17 wrote:I need to look through my conlangs first, but I know it will definitely be Asian-like. I will sign up for the wiki and I don't know about discord, maybe not now because I'm in school and I feel like my mom would get suspicious (simply because she is like that.). Now if it is a chat room-type website then I may consider it.
then I suggest you can claim a land in Essia (:
Jonnyboi17
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Jonnyboi17 »

All right, so I signed up for the wiki yesterday and I signed up for Discord already. I will try to find some time throughout the week to collab with y'all on the site.
Hanerawi dulekiay
“People of Heaven”
Jonnyboi17
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Jonnyboi17 »

Also I would like to know where Essia Is exactly, I would like to claim some island chains and/or mainland areas on that continent.
Hanerawi dulekiay
“People of Heaven”
rajavlitra
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by rajavlitra »

http://adiapedia.freeforums.org

Just noting the peeps here that we have an external forum now for more detailed discussions. We're currently focusing on the history of Adian Politics.
Jonnyboi17 wrote:Also I would like to know where Essia Is exactly, I would like to claim some island chains and/or mainland areas on that continent.
http://orig13.deviantart.net/e384/f/201 ... a6fqz1.png