İrıbėt

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
rospyiya
cuneiform
cuneiform

İrıbėt

Post by rospyiya »

Let me create a new conlang, you could say this is similar to what exists in the Semitic language family, somewhat like Hebrew.
This language is called İrıbėt /irɨbet/ (spell as ear-bet), but it is written with Latin alphabet generally.

The phonology of this language:

Vowels:
/i ɨ u e o ǝ ɛ ɔ a/
<i ı u ė ȯ ȧ e o a>

Consonants:
p b t d ʈ k ɡ q ʔ
<p b t d ṭ k g q ʾ>
m n
<m n>
ɸ β θ ð s z ʃ ʒ ʂ x ɣ ħ ʕ h
<f v ŧ đ s z š ž ṣ x ǥ ḥ ʿ h>
ts tʃ dʒ
<c č ǧ>
l j w
<l y w>
r
<r>

Text example:
Šȧmaʿ Yisȧroʾėl, Ȧadȯnoy Ėelȯhėyınu, Ȧadȯnoy Eḥod

Need any question? I will reply. Thanks.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Re: İrıbėt

Post by Creyeditor »

The name İrıbėt has a very Hebrew feeling to it with a nice touch of Turkish. I am not so sure about your example sentence; so my question is: what parts of İrıbėt syntax and morphology are similar to Hebrew?
(If you have time: What about syllable structure/phonotactics, phonological processes/allophony/morphophonology, and stress/accent/intonation/tone?)
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

Creyeditor wrote: 02 Feb 2024 14:46 The name İrıbėt has a very Hebrew feeling to it with a nice touch of Turkish. I am not so sure about your example sentence; so my question is: what parts of İrıbėt syntax and morphology are similar to Hebrew?
(If you have time: What about syllable structure/phonotactics, phonological processes/allophony/morphophonology, and stress/accent/intonation/tone?)
Seems phonology-wise it's somewhat like Tiberian or Mishnaic Hebrew, I think (probably more like Tiberian going by the vowels, where <ā> is /ɔ/), and going by the brief sample it does seem pretty similar to Hebrew in terms of morphology:

Hebrew: Šəmaʿ Yīsrāʾēl ʿădōnāy ʾĕlōhēinū ʿădōnāy ʾeḥād
İrıbėt: Šȧmaʿ Yisȧroʾėl, Ȧadȯnoy Ėelȯhėyınu, Ȧadȯnoy Eḥod

Would definitely look forward to seeing more, to see where the differences between İrıbėt and Hebrew actually lie
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
rospyiya
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by rospyiya »

sangi39 wrote: 02 Feb 2024 16:37
Creyeditor wrote: 02 Feb 2024 14:46 The name İrıbėt has a very Hebrew feeling to it with a nice touch of Turkish. I am not so sure about your example sentence; so my question is: what parts of İrıbėt syntax and morphology are similar to Hebrew?
Seems phonology-wise it's somewhat like Tiberian or Mishnaic Hebrew, I think (probably more like Tiberian going by the vowels, where <ā> is /ɔ/), and going by the brief sample it does seem pretty similar to Hebrew in terms of morphology:

Hebrew: Šəmaʿ Yīsrāʾēl ʿădōnāy ʾĕlōhēinū ʿădōnāy ʾeḥād
İrıbėt: Šȧmaʿ Yisȧroʾėl, Ȧadȯnoy Ėelȯhėyınu, Ȧadȯnoy Eḥod

Would definitely look forward to seeing more, to see where the differences between İrıbėt and Hebrew actually lie
Syllable structures:

V, CV and CVC

Allophones:

/t͡ʃ, ɡ, d͡ʒ, ɣ, k, x, l, n, ʃ, ʒ/ > [t͡ɕ, ɟ, d͡ʑ, ʝ, c, ç, ʎ, ɲ, ɕ, ʑ] when followed by /i, j/;
/ɨ/ almost unvoiced when in fast speech, as in Amharic. It is possible to making some cluster consonants, includes /m/ > [ɱ] when followed by /f, v/, /n/ > [ɲ] when followed by /t͡ʃ, d͡ʒ, ʃ, ʒ/, [ŋ] when followed by /ɡ, ɣ, k, x/, [ɴ] when followed by /q, ħ, ʕ/.
/əa, eɛ, oɔ/ > [əː, eː, oː] (long) in Rızȧbeh dialect, [ɨə̯, ie̯, uo̯] (shifted) in Tebin dialect.
/q, ħ, ʕ/ > [q, χ, ʁ] in Rızȧbeh dialect, [ʡ, ʜ, ʢ] in Tebin dialect.
rospyiya
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by rospyiya »

Also, when the speaker is singing, /e o ɛ ɔ a/ > [ɛ ɔ æ ɒ ɐ] and /ɨ/ ommited.