TBPO
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: peto - a new minimalistic language which is a reform of

Post by TBPO »

Xing wrote: 18 May 2011 01:11
Thakowsaizmu wrote:
xingoxa wrote:
Thakowsaizmu wrote:Alright, I have the most minimal language ever!

i - any idea at all

Hello good sir, how are you today? - i i i i i i i?
Well, since all the sounds are the same, it's quite unnecessary having to repeat them for each concept.

i - "A big pink dragon lives under my bed"
Some concepts need multiple words. However, I see that you are almost fluent. A big pink dragon lives under my bed is one of the more advanced concepts, after all. Knowing the word for it is impressive given the short time you've been using the language.
Reduplication is common.

i i - "several big pink dragons live under my bed"
or: "a big pink dragon lives under my beds"
or "several big pink dragons live under my beds"
or "a very big pink dragon lives under my beds"
or "a big, very pink dragon lives under my beds"
etc
The exact meaning has to be determined by context.
This language can't be used. I will create the most minimalistic AND useful language.

y [ə] - to do, cause

Pointing, marked with {}, is also useful.
The sentence structure is SO (yes - there is no verb).

y{I} y{my child} - I'm a parent.
y{big pink dragon} y{space under my bed} - A big pink dragon is under my bed.
y{I} y{you} - Hello!
TBPO
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by TBPO »

The art is not in not making mistakes - the art is in learning from them. The fact that your minimalistic conlang cannot be used in everyday conversations means that something is clearly wrong.
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Re: peto - a new minimalistic language which is a reform of puna

Post by Arayaz »

Thakowsaizmu's language was, I'm certain, a joke. Also, Thakowsaizmu has been inactive for almost nine years and will doubtlessly not respond to your criticism.

Also, you shouldn't be reviving long-dead threads. That's called necroposting, and honestly, it's rather annoying. Especially since practically nobody from that conversation is here anymore, and you're not even adding to the conversation, just trying to one-up a sarcastic post.

Rather than responding to posts made fourteen years ago with derision/advertisements/one-upping, why not participate in conversations that are happening right now?
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Xúuuatxia Alushi [Unnamed] Ẹlnk
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

TBPO wrote: 05 May 2024 22:38 The art is not in not making mistakes - the art is in learning from them. The fact that your minimalistic conlang cannot be used in everyday conversations means that something is clearly wrong.
Or it just means that there are some things it can't discuss - it happens with any specialized lexicon IRL.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
sangi39

Re: peto - a new minimalistic language which is a reform of puna

Post by sangi39 »

Arayaz wrote: 06 May 2024 00:43 Thakowsaizmu's language was, I'm certain, a joke. Also, Thakowsaizmu has been inactive for almost nine years and will doubtlessly not respond to your criticism.

Also, you shouldn't be reviving long-dead threads. That's called necroposting, and honestly, it's rather annoying. Especially since practically nobody from that conversation is here anymore, and you're not even adding to the conversation, just trying to one-up a sarcastic post.

Rather than responding to posts made fourteen years ago with derision/advertisements/one-upping, why not participate in conversations that are happening right now?
Pretty much this

1) Thak was being intentionally facetious (read the rest of the thread for context)
2) Neither Thak nor Arpee, nor a number of people who took part in this thread, have been active in years
3) Please don't revive old threads unless (this one died 13 years ago) unless you have something substantial to add to it

If you actually want to discuss minimalistic conlangs, there are better ways to go above it (either starting a new thread, or starting a discussion over in the Quick Questions threads). Otherwise, please leave this alone (on a similar note, please don't reply further in this thread, even to this post, just let it be)
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.