Don't kill me!

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
Testyal
roman
roman

Re: Don't kill me!

Post by Testyal »

:eng: Don't kill me!
:deu: Töte mich nicht!
:dan: Dræb mig ikke! / Slå mig ikke ihjel!
:nor: Ikke drep meg!
:swe: Döda mig inte! /dø:da mɛj intɛ/ kill me not
:fin: Älä tapa minua!

:lat: Noli me occidere!
:esp: ¡No me matas!
:ita: Non mi uccidere!
:por: Não me mates!
:fra: Ne me tues pas!
:ron: Nu mă omorî!

:pol: Nie zabij mnie! / Nie zabijaj mnie!

:roc: 別殺我!bié shā wǒ!
:zho: 别杀我!
:roc: (Taiwanese Hokkien) m-ai sat-hai goa!
:jpn: 殺さないでくれ! Korosanaide kure! (Register here is kinda casual, I think. Some higher keigo or teneigo might get thrown if you really wanted to grovel.)

:rus: Не убивай меня!

:tgl: Huwag mo/ninyo (po) akong patayin! ('mo' is the second person singluar. 'Ninyo' is the second person plural, also used to be formal. 'Po' is an honorific you can add to either.)

:con: Inyauk: ¡Yatsatá-ar txí-a!
/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
NEG-IMPERATIVE-kill 1sg-BENEFACTOR

:con: Agyonnar: Paro isa! (kill-PROHIBITIVE)
:con: goshpysheshta: onue ukut kyn
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION

:con: Ueuf Aelfi: Msaiasob oisias slaua\\Oftjae msaiasob oisahi slaua!
/msaiazob oiziaz slaua\\oɸtʲa: msaiazob oizaɣi slaua/
no-ADVERB kill-PROHIBITIVE me\\you no-ADVERB kill-BEGGING me
:con: Cadohhan: Si rnovirsĩ! [si ɳ<oβ>i-ʂĩ] (1s;ACC kill<NEG>-IMP)
:con: Coarghydh: Leaiuieezgjor! [lɛɪ-ɥeːz-gjo-ʀ] (ACC\1s-IMP-kill-NEG)
:con: Qz'lxealk: Kz'leiq' d'id'i eanz [kǃʼlə-ʔɪqʼ ɗɪ~ɗɪ ɜ̌ŋǃ] (kill-NEG you~IMP ABS\1)
:con: Kankonian: Os tetheset is!
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Pekna: Pano sunder mej! / Panper sunder mej! /pɑno sundɛɾ mɛi/pɑnpɛɾ sundɛɾ mɛi/ (NEG-IMP 'to kill' 1st-singular) (first imperative form is a command, second is a request)
:con: Atsaran: Helera ni!
:con: Changshuo: Ălă ennujusi' la. do_not kill ENERGETIC /{l{ En:Mdz\Msi? lA/
:con: Ithkuil: Ķewaņ řalĺ ua'xîčipšir. / Ķôyan wauttanir. (It seems you can't simply say 'kill' in Ithkuil; rather, you have to identify the weapon used, then turn it into a verb using one of the few hundred possible affixes to give the verbal meaning, namely in this example 'to kill with'. The first translation means 'Don't shoot me (with bullets from an automatic weapon).' The second translation, as far as I can figure out, is the best way of saying 'Don't be the cause of my life ending.' These translations took about two hours of trawling the Ithkuil site.)
:con: Feayran: Toèrrìinkuívik! death<2.FOLLOW.S-NEG-PERF-TR.PREC-1.FOLLOW.S>
:con: Aiuna/Nihiunetsis/CUE: Ya ta liruniler-nis!
:con: Alpic: Kalgebjet mi! (kill-PROHIBITIVE-2SG 1SG.ACC)
:con: Kaynur Pitak: Kw-eso y-eyk! (Don't obliderate my life! The Kaynur feel like they only truly possess their soul/life, therefore the kw/u- there, the first person possessive prefix, intensifies the meaning to the max, saying "I have nothing left but my life; just spare me that.")
:con: Hezek: Gardom dara erek farul agtort! (My death will bring you no gain! The Hezek are obsessed with considering others' desires first to the point of ridiculousness. "I won't pee on your carpet once you potty-train me." Yes, that is the only imperative construction.)
:con: Quenya: Áva nahta ní! (Prohibitative kill 1sg)
:con: Wistra Gutisk: Tauja ni dauþjei mek!
:con: Langa: motoqudo /mo̞tʰo̞'tɬʰudo̞/ die-AGT.PAT-DYN-1SG.OB-PROH
:con: Ariakis: Ne killaor men!
:con: Plitnakya: Yanikmakidh! /janikʰmàkʰit̻ / (ya-ni-kmak-i-dh 2SG-1SG-kill-IMP-NEG)
:con: Staalouvan: Muuii't imgourat'a noo! Me-ACC.2VL IMP-kill-YOU.2CSP NEG
:con: Amjati: Inak etj zok!
:con: Kozogŋa: Fe’icuŝû kâ!
:con: Sérhes Kettw: Ang nécangan káltt nákkrat! [ɐŋ ˈnet͡sɐŋɐŋ‿ˈgʌhɫ̥t ˈnʌhkɾɐ]
ang né-cang=an kál*-t-t nák-k-ra
NEG 1S-DAT=TOP AUX-PRF.ACT-NEG-2S death~CAUS-PRF.PASS-2S
* kál, the imperative auxiliary, is transparently derived from ḩál "go to" + k- (archaic imperative) -- /h/ <ḩ> always drops when it's not word-initial.

:con: Ikakkuutarajonne!
ika-kku~u<ta>rajo-nne make-<HONORIFIC>FUT~dead-NEG. I made it pretty formal/respectful since you're begging for your life here.
:con: Lantasi: Ne me noccius! / Ne me totunde bactaús! / Ne cossilenti mei pavaús! / Ne vitela mea rapeús!
(Do not kill me / Do not totally injure me! / Do not stab my heart! / Do not take my life!)
:con: Taiwazaiho: naa tlem kong hatlowii'a ko!
:con: Proto-Vdangku: taxh miiludiůler! 1s.ABS kill.Ns.IMP.NEG
:con: Tō Taiōn: Aiļ me sīn! There's another word for "kill" but it is different from the word for "murder."
:con: Unnamed: Sto nilk i dû cpop in stî 1PS NEG-PROHIBIT CC 2PS kill FUT 1PS.ACC Literally 'I prohibit you from killing me'
:deu: :fra: :zho: :epo:
cybrxkhan
roman
roman

Post by cybrxkhan »

:jpn: 殺さないでくれ! Korosanaide kure! (Register here is kinda casual, I think. Some higher keigo or teneigo might get thrown if you really wanted to grovel.)
:vie: Đừng giết tôi!

:tgl: Huwag mo/ninyo (po) akong patayin! ('mo' is the second person singluar. 'Ninyo' is the second person plural, also used to be formal. 'Po' is an honorific you can add to either.)

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/

[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION

:con: Qz'lxealk: Kz'leiq' d'id'i eanz [kǃʼlə-ʔɪqʼ ɗɪ~ɗɪ ɜ̌ŋǃ] (kill-NEG you~IMP ABS\1)
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Pekna: Pano sunder mej! / Panper sunder mej! /pɑno sundɛɾ mɛi/pɑnpɛɾ sundɛɾ mɛi/ (NEG-IMP 'to kill' 1st-singular) (first imperative form is a command, second is a request)
:con: Ithkuil: Ķewaņ řalĺ ua'xîčipšir. / Ķôyan wauttanir. (It seems you can't simply say 'kill' in Ithkuil; rather, you have to identify the weapon used, then turn it into a verb using one of the few hundred possible affixes to give the verbal meaning, namely in this example 'to kill with'. The first translation means 'Don't shoot me (with bullets from an automatic weapon).' The second translation, as far as I can figure out, is the best way of saying 'Don't be the cause of my life ending.' These translations took about two hours of trawling the Ithkuil site.)
:con: Kaynur Pitak: Kw-eso y-eyk! (Don't obliderate my life! The Kaynur feel like they only truly possess their soul/life, therefore the kw/u- there, the first person possessive prefix, intensifies the meaning to the max, saying "I have nothing left but my life; just spare me that.")
:con: Hezek: Gardom dara erek farul agtort! (My death will bring you no gain! The Hezek are obsessed with considering others' desires first to the point of ridiculousness. "I won't pee on your carpet once you potty-train me." Yes, that is the only imperative construction.)
:con: Plitnakya: Yanikmakidh! /janikʰmàkʰit̻ / (ya-ni-kmak-i-dh 2SG-1SG-kill-IMP-NEG)
* kál, the imperative auxiliary, is transparently derived from ḩál "go to" + k- (archaic imperative) -- /h/ <ḩ> always drops when it's not word-initial.

ika-kku~u<ta>rajo-nne make-<HONORIFIC>FUT~dead-NEG. I made it pretty formal/respectful since you're begging for your life here.
:con: Lantasi: Ne me noccius! / Ne me totunde bactaús! / Ne cossilenti mei pavaús! / Ne vitela mea rapeús!
(Do not kill me / Do not totally injure me! / Do not stab my heart! / Do not take my life!)
:con: Tō Taiōn: Aiļ me sīn! There's another word for "kill" but it is different from the word for "murder."
:con: Unnamed: Sto nilk i dû cpop in stî 1PS NEG-PROHIBIT CC 2PS kill FUT 1PS.ACC Literally 'I prohibit you from killing me'
:con: Aidiese: Siu sos ha wa bakaos qos! 2SG 1SG ACC NEG kill-MASC IMP! [assuming one person is the killer, and that one person is male]
I now have a blog. Witness the horror.

I think I think, therefore I think I am.
- Ambrose Bierce
Cockroach
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Cockroach »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/

[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION

not kill+IMPERATIVE me

:con: Aidiese: Siu sos ha wa bakaos qos! 2SG 1SG ACC NEG kill-MASC IMP! [assuming one person is the killer, and that one person is male]
:con: Tll-Fusyn: Skhep ki n!
Native :usa: Decent :fra: :jpn: Some :zho:
Omzinesý
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Omzinesý »

:sme: Ale gotte mu!

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/

[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION

not kill+IMPERATIVE me

My meta-thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5760
Pirka
roman
roman

Post by Pirka »

:hun: Nem ölj engem!

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Hezek: Gardom dara erek farul agtort! (Oh man, this is an alpha version of Hezek Erbol... it's emotional. I'm keeping this as it is :D)
Wanderer
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Wanderer »

:nld: Dood mij niet! (sg) / Doodt mij niet! (plural or polite)

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Hezek: Gardom dara erek farul agtort! (Oh man, this is an alpha version of Hezek Erbol... it's emotional. I'm keeping this as it is :D)
denarii
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by denarii »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Kiswona: Ineŝatsitseya úhiwe. [ine:ʃa'tsi:˩tseja 'u:˧˩xiwe] Ine-ŝatsi-tseya u-˧˩-iwe. 2SG.A-kill-PROH 1SG-TOP-P
Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Kiswona: Ineŝatsitseya úhiwe. [ine:ʃa'tsi:˩tseja 'u:˧˩xiwe] Ine-ŝatsi-tseya u-˧˩-iwe. 2SG.A-kill-PROH 1SG-TOP-P
:con: Watteetexu: Xā kū pahūku mahi!
taylorS
sinic
sinic

Post by taylorS »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Mekoshan: Don köö mi!
Artaxes
sinic
sinic

Post by Artaxes »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Scordic: Mé bulti me! [meː bʊltɪmɛ]
Mind
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Mind »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Ijika: Fudirvo si ca
Welcome Back.
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
:con: Demonos: Gako Kinukrakeng! (Me NEG-kill!)
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Visinoid
roman
roman

Post by Visinoid »

:esp: ¡No me matEs! (The negative imperative mood has the same conjugation than the subjunctive mood.)
:fra: Ne me tue pas!

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
MarcKB
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by MarcKB »

:esp: ¡No me mates! (The negative imperative mood has the same conjugation than the subjunctive mood.)

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
Image Ravcic: Mœrdōlōjusner -> Mœrd|ō|lō|jus|ner (kill-2-S-IMP-me-NEG)
:dan: Native
:eng: Advanced
:deu: Advanced
:fra: Beginner/ Moderate

Current thoughts and interests for the future: :ita: :rus:
My conlang: Image Ravcic
Toko
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Toko »

:esp: ¡No me mates! (The negative imperative mood has the same conjugation than the subjunctive mood.)

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
Image Ravcic: Mœrdōlōjusner -> Mœrd|ō|lō|jus|ner (kill-2-S-IMP-me-NEG)[/quote]
Image Zelse: Image (tye sokalshto) [ tje sokalʃto ] 1PS(neutral) kill-(neg command)

Notes:
-"tye" is a more modern word for the 1PS with no gender, it can also be used to describe something as personal or as a way to indicate possession. The distinction can be made from context, and are easily seen in writing. In this case, "tye" is written in separate logographic form, for possession it is "attached" as a logograph to a noun, and for descriptive uses it is written out in Mihuk.
-"shto" here is also written somewhat confusingly, consisting of the symbol "ko" [NEG] and the symbol "shta" (suffix used in commanding phrases), which are taken as "shto" (essentially the negative command suffix). The root is "sokal" [to kill].
-The informality of the phrase written here adds the sort of tone the original sentence would have. Command words like "shta" and "shto" are never used in polite speech, since they can be considered very rude.
Image Zelsian (Khzajske)
nikhil
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by nikhil »

:eng: Don't kill me! (I wonder why no one added this to the list!)

:hin: मुझे मत मारो! (Mujhe mat maro!)

/ja-ʦa-'taʔaɾ 'ʧi-ʔa/
[onu@ ?ukut kEn]
NEG kill 1-RELATION
not kill+IMPERATIVE me
Image Ravcic: Mœrdōlōjusner -> Mœrd|ō|lō|jus|ner (kill-2-S-IMP-me-NEG)[/quote]
Image Zelse: Image (tye sokalshto) [ tje sokalʃto ] 1PS(neutral) kill-(neg command)

Notes:
-"tye" is a more modern word for the 1PS with no gender, it can also be used to describe something as personal or as a way to indicate possession. The distinction can be made from context, and are easily seen in writing. In this case, "tye" is written in separate logographic form, for possession it is "attached" as a logograph to a noun, and for descriptive uses it is written out in Mihuk.
-"shto" here is also written somewhat confusingly, consisting of the symbol "ko" [NEG] and the symbol "shta" (suffix used in commanding phrases), which are taken as "shto" (essentially the negative command suffix). The root is "sokal" [to kill].
-The informality of the phrase written here adds the sort of tone the original sentence would have. Command words like "shta" and "shto" are never used in polite speech, since they can be considered very rude.

:con: Cannic: No mátú áma!
Wahawafe
:con: Indika: Mij manaven asas aur mij Darti se asas.
:con: Cannic: Ámas astár hrúmanas án ámas astár Árþoviþ.
:con: Træzü: Pakokaholïak zapakokaxreyämb.
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

:con: ¡No mè sidar! - Vuladiu/Vuladian(for english speakers) [note: the ar ending isn't an infinitive, but actually it's the imperative conjugational form. To kill is actually sidir, but one makes it imperative by making it sidar]
"I warn you. If you bore me, I shall take my revenge."

-Professor J.R.R. Tolkien
Prinsessa
runic
runic

Post by Prinsessa »

Providing some alternatives to the Swedish one. We have three negative particles to pick from, after all, and more than one word for to kill (and to me, personally, 'döda' sounds as stupid and childish as 'don't dead me!' in English).

I'll also correct the Hungarian; 'nem' isn't used with the imperative/subjunctive, and it seems 'meg' should definitely be used here.

:swe: Icke dräp mig! Dräp mig icke! Dräp mig ej! Döda mig inte!

:hun: Ne ölj meg engem!
Last edited by Prinsessa on 10 Nov 2011 03:10, edited 3 times in total.
Thakowsaizmu
runic
runic

Post by Thakowsaizmu »

Skógvur wrote:(and to me, personally, 'döda' sounds as stupid and childish as 'don't dead me!' in English).
What are you talking about? I say "don't dead me!" all the time. It's a perfectly cromulent phrase.
míkl
sinic
sinic

Post by míkl »

:afr: My doodmaak nie!
1S.OBL dead-make NEG
/mɛi dɔəd̊mɑːk niː/

I'm going mainly by a friend I know for the IPA transcription.
:eng: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :fra: [:'(] | :zaf: [O.o]

Focus: :est:
Relapsing (from time to time: Svenska is all-consuming): :swe:
Interested: Pretty much everything else.