The snowball game: translating with only 625 words

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: The snowball game: translating with only 625 words

Post by PTSnoop »

36. Løslo ttsattanon, pputtngaph khnʉ cathsai naunttongaph khnʉ unaithsai naunttongaph.
løslo ttsatta-no-n,pputt-nga-ph khnʉ ca-thsai naunttong-aph khnʉ unai-thsai naunttong-aph.
Teacher say-3SG-BAD, same-3-GOOD relationship mother-from daughter-through relationship father-from daughter-through.

Mother is to daughter as father is to son, said the teacher.

37. Unai ttsattanon, phethiaph nausnophan, kkathaphnophan, kkʉttnophan khauflakk, niʉ sloløsnophan, niʉppnʉf ia iauc.
unai ttsatta-no-n,phethiaph naus-no-pha-n,kkath-aph-no-pha-n,kkʉtt-no-pha-n khauflakk,niʉ sloløs-no-pha-n,niʉ-ppnʉf ia iauc.
Father say-3SG-BAD, spear take-3SG-IMP-BAD, forest-through-3SG-IMP-BAD, hunt-3SG-IMP-BAD bear, such learn-3SG-IMP-BAD, such-after return not_otherwise.

My father told me to go into the forest with a spear and not to come back until I had learned how to hunt bear.

38. Anga seth, thiekhngal rlathia, phøs rlakheiøz, niʉ zingan, uʉlnon Phjøl.
a-nga seth,thiekh-nga-l rlathia,phø-s rlakhe-iøz,niʉ zi-nga-n,uʉl-no-n Phjøl.
TOPIC-3 knife, cut-3-TOPICGOOD bread, fall-TOPICBAD table-from_surface, such open-3-BAD, jump-3SG-BAD Paul.

The knife cut the bread, then fell off the table and made Paul jump.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

38. Sauraun chau horsaut chau chafazölörsauv Paulsís, chau zdörs lé chau kfasharsaut fíjaf kfö lén Paulsit sömegez.
3SG-INSTR DEF bread-ACC DEF cut.PresPRFPTPL-LOC Paul-GEN, DEF knife-NOM AUX.PAST DEF table-ACC fall.off and AUX.PAST.CAUS Paul-ACC jump

39. Öçek la, arsfen sí la hengeveçö ngamath sho, arkfö fenfe la, arsfen sí la hengeveçö dravnath sho, hüdravnath.
2SG-NOM AUX.PRES, as 1SG-NOM AUX.PRES thus say PTCL, but 2SG-NOM.NEG AUX.PRES, as 1SG-NOM AUX.PRES thus do PTCL, do-IMP
Do as I say, don't do as I do.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

You guys are fast! Here are 23 more sentences.

18. Gjeh sarkkcheh heat stomjmach klaang weup yoiñ yohpetgak hwai treuk bohboh flet bnger diau.
night inform say marry EPIS be.with old.man fisherman 1 think mom arrive swallow tongue
I thought Mother would swallow her tongue the night you told her you were going to marry the old fisherman.

19. Aakou cheu cheu teuol! Jer-ga aajung pot-ga daak.
be.not be.wrong be.wrong EMPH | want-instance be be.blue-instance EMPH
No no no, the one I want is the *blue* one!

20. Yorngchooay joakjoak siang nung ma ler kjai gmar tui aa pgihjoot joak aungtom sgeu bgaiy twarng juk ler ñdengglong cheung maut nui ley jgah piang sbiat sgaon.
rabbit be.very.small be.white REL eye belong gold exist 3 be.indeed seem be.small be.cute sit IMPERF be.at middle belong bean-plant but tooth be.sharp and snake be.big be.too fear
The little white rabbit with the hazel eyes may look small and pretty as it sits among the beans at dusk, but its teeth are very sharp, and even big snakes are afraid of it.

21. Lobnih heat jong nget keuong klaang flet leum ler Deywou deu.
what say want everyone go EPIS arrive home belong Dave EMPH
So what you're saying is, we should all go to Dave's house?

22. Yoan tpiakturn’ga ork Keywern biauch dang mgoyng nek leum twarng taiychkeuo ngoum sdaa.
if match here Kevin lose then boat and house be.at beach sell must
If Kevin loses this game, he'll have to sell his boat and his house on the beach.

23. Dewou sark psay ler keuuyiam ler duool arm sgaiy cheung toynlooayk bgaiy siang joot sken fngurch mil choanaa.
Dave tell letter belong people belong 2 matter be.beautiful but look.at IMPERF think be.like picture be.ugly break be.just.that
Dave told me your people's writing system was a beautiful thing to see, but now I look at it, I just see ugly broken pictures.

24. Yoan trauk ler itui chai huoo gaachaot loh ngautak ley bung kaafay ley kpeun yeuutwaak dang bjooh chuin gliañ huoo choacheung.
if father belong 3.OBL do NEG every-day pull cigarette and drink coffee and eat beef then age be.young die NEG and.yet
If her father hadn't smoked, drunk coffee, and eaten beef every day, he wouldn't have died so young.

25. Cheung oa, keuu kpeun wiap ler warn keun nlooayk joum deu? Aakou deu? Yoanaadang taiyng borm huoo choagaa nlooayk joum yang.
but hey, person eat head belong self TPC see EXP Q | be.not Q | in.that.case say can NEG everything see EXP EMPH
But have you seen a man eat his own head? No? Then you haven't seen 'everything', have you?

26. Ley jriang bao chooayng ley tui heat oa Glakgo.
and finger strike shoulder and 3 say hey Greg
"Hey, Greg", she said, tapping him on the shoulder.

27. Ayng twarng iotwaa tui jten btui flet klampangjaa sgung lognom bo.
water be.at distant-sky 3 boil freeze arrive temperature same why EMPH
I wonder how/why water boils and freezes at the same time in space.

28. Eegoat yermua ler dongbach piang nung stak pangwiau arng-bork-moy uinjik.
diamond be.uncut belong uppermost.thing be.big REL buy cost two-thousand-ten.thousand uinjik
The largest uncut diamond ever to be bought is expected to sell for nearly 20 million uinjiks.
(changed the unit of currency here)

29. Juk ler ngaiyk keun glak gyooay puin ley ork yekhiat ñool ley gtenyoh sdoanlor swech ley yiam geeñ way aachaotpchoy.
middle belong ocean TPC island be.purple float and here orange be.sweet and artisan be.good.looking paint and people sing smile do.all.day
In the middle of the ocean floats a purple island where the oranges taste sweet, handsome artists paint, and the people sing and smile all day.

Image(Image)
30. Bjeuup ntey noh Aalen deuukbait knung ler Daywou (flet Daywou)
teacher cause COMPL Alan give-back book belong Dave (to Dave)
The teacher made Alan give Dave's book back (to Dave).

Image(ImageImage)Image
31. Dbuoon (ler hwai) treuk huoo logsar sgiah dua tek mjur keun jarttmeen sdaa denstoh ftek.
money (belong 1) know NEG where place PERF and.so find TPC happen.before must waiter return
I don't know where I put my money, and I have to find it before the waitron comes back.

32. Yoan gok ork jer dang jart yjamglaa sdaa daak.
if country here want then come capture must EMPH
If you want this country, you'll have to come and take it yourself!

33. Poachpnih sai dua swaycharng mey Aalakseu skaomskaom sgah-ngeuo nteyplar cher.
article.of.clothing soak PERF because.of sweat Alex wash.up put-be.exposed in.order.to dry.out
Alex washed the clothes wet with sweat and then put them in the sun to dry.

34. Skenmdeh nget keuong nlooayk seuk.
movie everyone go watch VOL
Let's all go and watch a film.

35. Gut ler tuoon-lisur’yeuut traan jgeng nar klaang bo.
fly belong hundred-camel fly enter nose EPIS EMPH
May the flies of a hundred camels fly up your nose.

36. Bjeuup heat boh choymfkaing dkiach jootmoang trauk choymfkaing gurt.
teacher say mother relate.to daughter be.just.as father relate.to son
"Mother is to daughter as father is to son", said the teacher.

37. Trauk hoongsgiah noh hwai ptiah kchen keuong jgeng nam ley ftek huoo pa niak olong lian.
father order COMPL 1 hold spear go enter forest and return NEG continue.until hunt bear learn
My father told me to go into the forest with a spear and not to come back until I had learned how to hunt bear.

38. Goh poon dngorblait tek eumpeak joon drek ley ntey Paulo trooaypneuk leuut.
knife cut bread and.then fall.out from table and Paul be.shocked jump

39. Duool fteuk ngehtaam syo ler hwai ley huoo gnarkpang choo.
2 carry.out act.in.accordance.with word/order belong 1 and be.not conduct HORT

40. Duool jaoplar slaakbdang nek sam-pdalsnooh ork jootaa sarpglooay jiagor.
2 receive wine and three-chicken here exist.as gift HORT
Please take this wine and these three chickens as a gift.
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

39. Phu ttsattattiøph, uaurlauthaph, phu uaurttiøn, kkie uaurlauthan.
phu ttsatta-ttiø-ph,uaur-lau-tha-ph,phu uaur-ttiø-n,kkie uaur-lau-tha-n.
3 speak-1SG-GOOD, obey-2SG-RELIMP-GOOD, 3 obey-1SG-BAD, NEG obey-2SG-RELIMP-BAD.

40. Phensofttiønoiuph foth runekkoth uuattaikkoth ecuam foth.
phensof-ttiø-no-iu-ph foth runekkoth uuattaikkoth e-cuam foth.
gift-1SG-3SG-OPT-GOOD list wine chicken ADJ-three list.

41. Ttiøsnai ttsattattiøn, snønges eppauttkheph suaphmiangrnongan, iupp kkie caittiøthan, niʉ kkie nuathttiøn, usøtt?
ttiøs-nai ttsatta-ttiø-n,snønges e-ppauttkheph suaphmiang-rno-nga-n,iupp kkie cai-ttiø-tha-n,niʉ kkie nuath-ttiø-n,usøtt?
1SG-REFLEX speak-1SG-BAD, apple ADJ-brown old-too-3-BAD, so NEG eat-1SG-RELIMP-BAD, such NEG think-1SG-BAD, why?

And so I ask myself, why did I not think that brown apple was too old to eat?
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

40. Sí la, gü öçek lí chau jürsaut hengeraut zhö chauk papötersauch hengerauch tourauch sa laitürönsab sfen mükfé hausémagaf sho, híhílel.
1SG-NOM AUX.PRES, CONJ 2SG-NOM AUX.FUT DEF wine-ACC this-ACC and DEF.PL chicken-ACC.PL this-ACC.PL three-ACC.PL INDEF gift-POST as so.kind.as-ADV take-SPEC PTCL, beseech-HORT

41. De sí la orha bas nécaf zçefüth „Sí lé chelöi, gü vau mnístems helkem dvaurhöm lé sherönum rhöseu çörau bat glozh höinöi sho, hösthövekh?”
so 1SG-NOM AUX.PRES and PTCL-REFL ask find.oneself „1SG-NOM AUX.PAST why, CONJ DEF.NEG apple-NOM.NEG that-NOM.NEG brown-NOM.NEG AUX.PAST old-NOM.NEG too such.as.to PTCL-PASS eat be-DISC PTCL, think-INTERR
And so I ask myself, why did I not think that brown apple was too old to eat?

42. Jöstins zhö Brandöns lé, gü chau íumévers chegver la cha zçansat zçalíkfoshkönat éhö chöi chokolatsöis chí mfulívgelsín höidravnath sho, wenökrekh.
Justin-NOM and Brandon-NOM AUX.PAST, CONJ DEF restaurant-NOM which-NOM AUX.PRES DEF cake-ACC good-ACC most DEF chocolate-GEN DEF nut.sauce-INSTR make-DISC PTCL, argue
Justin and Brandon were arguing over which restaurant made the best chocolate cake with nut sauce.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

42. Thnemlau ethikk foth rlathia eppauttsecfoc imaci esnøfez foth eppom mainaingakkeph, søpp zottsaungniʉnon Ttzuthsin Pprantton.
thnemlau e-thikk foth rlathia e-ppauttsecfoc imaci e-snøfez foth e-ppom mainai-nga-kke-ph, søpp zottsaung-niʉ-no-n Ttzuthsin Pprantton.
restaurant ADJ-what list cake ADJ-chocolate sauce ADJ-nut list ADJ-ideal create-3-SUBJ-GOOD, so argue-such-3SG-BAD Justin Brandon.

Justin and Brandon were arguing over which restaurant made the best chocolate cake with nut sauce.

43. Nuath me enoc cʉphirakkozengakkenʉn ttsalraum, ppoph, kkie miemuangason iaursa ekhus kkoze.
nuath me e-noc cʉphi-ra-kkoz-e-nga-kke-nʉn ttsalraum, ppoph, kkie mie-mua-nga-so-n iaursa e-khus kkoz-e.
reckon dog ADJ-that room-LOC-2SG-GEN-3-SUBJ-FUT-BAD admit, however, NEG carry-can-3-RELFUT-BAD book ADJ-all you-GEN.

Even if that dog really had been in your room, it couldn't have carried away all your books.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

43. Zhdanis chö ngarebs helkeb lé chí alsív öçkelalív haumal sho, fökh lé vík gefröfsích fanfefích fenfefích híau ba menjnégez ölzdenü hekalokh.
even.if DEF dog-NOM that-NOM AU.PAST DEF room-LOC 2SG.POSS.ADJ-LOC be.located-SPEC PTCL, 3SG-NOM.NEG AUX.PAST DEF.PL.NEG book-ACC.PL.NEG all-ACC.PL.NEG 2SG.POSS.ADJ-ACC.PL.NEG all-ADV PTCL carry.away irrealis-ADV be.able-CONCL
Even if that dog really had been in your room, it couldn't have carried away all your books.

44. Sak zíauríböngínsach rhakhodenach chau chafazölörsauv, öçek la chö knebsöt che bithsev hauklan sho, fenfe la feget hümnaulöth, arkfö öçek la sethet sü zçümníaksün ailekün hüröth.
INDEF.PL red.pepper-ACC.PL hot-ACC.PL DEF cut.PresPERFPTPL-LOC, 2SG-NOM AUX.PRES DEF finger-ACC DEF eye-LOC put-SPEC PTCL, 2SG-NOM.NEG AUX.PRES 3SG-ACC.NEG rub-IMP, but 2SG-NOM AUX.PRES 3SG-ACC INDEF fresh.water-INSTR cool-INSTR wash-IMP
If, after cutting hot red peppers, you put your finger in your eye, don't rub it, but wash it in cool, fresh water.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

44. Nø thiukkiukh ekkømne ekkoth thiekhlaunʉph, anga khefʉl kkoze khaiphsiuelaus, nez, kkie mnezngattien, rakknekkngattieph emuphai eniuof.
nø thiukkiukh e-kkømne e-kkoth thiekh-lau-nʉ-ph, a-nga khefʉl kkoz-e khaiphsi-ue-lau-s, nez, kkie mnez-nga-ttie-n, rakk-nekk-nga-ttie-ph e-muphai e-niuof.
look pepper ADJ-red ADJ-hot cut-2SG-FUT-GOOD, TOPIC-3 eye you-GEN finger-into-2SG-TOPICBAD, ifthen, neg rub-3-TOPICIMP-BAD, wash-water-3-TOPICIMP-GOOD ADJ-fresh ADJ-cold.

If, after cutting hot red peppers, you put your finger in your eye, don't rub it, but wash it in cool, fresh water.

45. Anga muzrommiu, fʉlia emuaclungal, niʉ nuathttiøph.
a-nga muzrommiu, fʉl-ia e-muaclu-nga-l, niʉ nuath-ttiø-ph.
TOPIC-3 coffee, today-TEMP ADJ-good-3-TOPICGOOD, such believe-1SG-GOOD.

Today feels like a good day for coffee.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

45. Che hengdalthsev sí la sö kawabsöt warkfoshía'u thnéf.
DEF today-LOC 1SG-NOM AUX.PRES INDEF coffee-ACC opportune-ADV feel.like

46. Seth lav, gü sül tédeksüzh lí sak díönazhönsach cha hagensav hengenav chau sfaiersauv haugdez sho, che hereçkeths la, gü bük lí söi papaketsöit che sömöthseb tföz hesof sho, höibökh sho, ngamath.
3SG-NOM AUX.PRES.IMPERS, CONJ INDEF-DUAL couple-NOM.DUAL AUX.FUT INDEF.PL coin-ACC.PL DEF bridge-LOC this-LOC DEF river-LOC throw-SPEC PTCL, DEF that-NOM AUX.PRES, CONJ 3DUAL-NOM AUX.FUT INDEF baby-ACC DEF year-POST in have-CONCL PTCL, be.such-DISC PTCL, say
They say/It is said that if a couple throws some coins into the river from this bridge, they will have a baby within the year.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

46. Ttsattamalph, rør phømakkeph mephphua ecaf iaufmattue naungappthsai enga, nez zasmac niakkaph.
ttsatta-mal-ph, rør phø-ma-kke-ph mephphua e-caf iaufmatt-ue naungapp-thsai e-nga, nez zas-ma-c niakk-aph.
say-0-GOOD, two drop-3PL-SUBJ-GOOD coin ADJ-some river-into bridge-from ADJ-this, then birth-3PL-RELGOOD year-through.

It is said that if a couple throws some coins into the river from this bridge, they will have a baby within the year.

47. Anga iaursa, kkie ngongaløn, fiankkiengaløn.
anga iaursa, kkie ngo-nga-lø-n, fian-kkie-nga-lø-n.
TOPIC-3 magazine, NEG beautiful-3-TOPICOPT-BAD, yellow-NEG-3-TOPICOPT-BAD.

this magazine doesn't have to look good, it just has to not be yellow.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

47. Ví zmenaçüfs hengef la techetnekef ba psönöi daikh, de síl la römbelöl ba nöi mwasíra'u gvargön.
DEF.NEG magazine-NOM this-NOM.NEG AUX.PRES beautiful-NOM.NEG PTCL look have.to, but 3SG-NOM AUX.PRES yellow-NOM PTCL be only have.not.to
This magazine doesn't have to look good, it just has to not be yellow.

48. Sékletsöip, hésh la fau mnégaiemsaub malalömaub ush vö béökhsöv hengeveçö ba dravnath jebethta.
child-NOM.PL, 2PL-NOM.NEG AUX.PRES INDEF.NEG adult-POST.NEG be.located.PresPTPL-POST.NEG without DEF.NEG house-LOC.NEG thus PTCL do attempt-HORT
Children, do not attempt this at home without an adult.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
Iron
sinic
sinic

Post by Iron »

48. Opos, drai gemis, ķon virtenkis era e kivte.
child.PL, without adult.PL.GEN, not attempt.2SG.PL.IMP this.ACC in home.ABL
"Children, without an adult, do not try this at home!"

49. Tomas ju Dševri diuzeja ad molsa, ktep, niķken ittis áumis!
thomas and jeffrey hunt.IMPRF.3PL before deer.DAT but-then shoot.PRF.3SG his.DAT mother.DAT
"Thomas and Jeffrey were hunting deer, but then, he shot his mother!"

This construct (in my conlang) implies that one hunter shot the other's mother, and not his own. You may change it, of course, so that he shoots his own or whatever.
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

48. Phaiiø ian, kkie khusuamruphaph ppnaulira, ppoph sin?ttia.
phai-iø ian, kkie khus-uam-ru-pha-ph ppnauli-ra, ppoph sin?ttia.
child-PL VOC, NEG all-try-2PL-IMP-GOOD home-LOC, but adult.

49. Foth ano Thomas Ttzafiri foth kkʉttmaph ngutt, ppoph, ca noe luasnos!
foth a-no Thomas Ttzafiri foth kkʉtt-ma-ph ngutt, ppoph, ca no-e luas-no-s!
list TOPIC-3SG Thomas Jeffrey list hunt-3PL-GOOD deer, but, mother 3SG-GEN shoot-3SG-TOPICBAD!

Thomas and Jeffrey were hunting deer, but then, he shot his mother!

In this case, I've ended up stating explicitly that it was Thomas who shot Jeffrey's mother. Other ways around would be "foth ano Ttzafiri Thomas foth" for Jeffrey shooting Thomas's mother, and/or "ca nophan" for "his own mother". Or if you just wanted to be ambiguous, you could miss off the topic declaration "ano" and use "luasnon" for "he shot".

And for translation 50, let's have something slightly silly.

50. Cettciʉthøkhia, "Phoc Einaumtte" ziapp, ano phoc, nʉttiaienianol. Iupp ttsattanol phoc enʉttia ephan, maulaunʉn nʉttiaia, kkie niʉphan.
cett-ciʉth-økh-ia, "phoc e-inaumtte" ziapp, a-no phoc, nʉttia-ien-ia-no-l. iupp ttsatta-no-l phoc e-nʉttia e-phan, mau-lau-n\ur-n nʉttia-ia, kkie niʉ-pha-n.
month-nearly-behind-TEMP, "doctor ADJ-who" within, TOPIC-3SG doctor, old-towards-TEMP-3SG-TOPICGOOD. so speak-3SG-TOPICGOOD Doctor ADJ-old GEN-TOPIC, thing-2SG-FUT-BAD past-TEMP, NEG such-IMP-BAD.

About a month ago on Doctor Who, the Doctor travelled back in time to tell his former self not to do what he would have been going to have done.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

Iron wrote:This construct (in my conlang) implies ...
(Yay, another has entered the fray! [:D] )

49. Tomats zhö Jefríbauths lé sak dhösensach dvölíe égöl, de mente, söit lé cha maralansat sethenat rhekh!
Thomas-NOM and Jeffrey-NOM AUX.PAST INDEF.PL deer-ACC.PL "en.train.de" hunt, but then 3SG(Thomas)-NOM AUX.PAST DEF mother-ACC 3SG(Jeffrey).POSS.ADJ.-ACC shoot

(All the possible permutations would be crystalline. Here, Thomas has unequivocally shot Jeffrey's mother.)
PTSnoop wrote:And for translation 50, let's have something slightly silly.
(Yes, it's official. I hate you. [>:D] )

50. Se fastöthseb síretheb mnezvöneu thenge chöi híözçetsöiv «Chethseb Tezemarsaub chau» thfau, chau Tezemars lé chi mnwölsív, öre chau ürsauk puskefírauk, gü faum lé hereçkeveçö, arsfen saur lé helkeveçö ölzdenü nzhí hedravnath sho, hüdravnath sho, ba rönjöth semepímath.
INDEF month-POST one-POST nearly-AdADJ ago DEF program-LOC «INTERR.3SG-POST Doctor-POST DEF» id.est, DEF Doctor-NOM AUX.PAST DEF time-LOC, in.order.to DEF incarnation-DAT former-DAT, CONJ 3SG-NOM.NEG AUX.PAST thus, as 3SG-NOM AUX.PAST thus irrealis-ADV ADV do-CONCL PTCL, do-IMP PTCL, PTCL tell travel.back
About a month ago on Doctor Who, the Doctor travelled back in time to tell his former self not to do what he would have been going to have done.

(I originally thought this translation would have the head-n-jowl-shaking opacity of the English -- and the adverb/verb pile-up at the end certainly captures some of that --but oddly, the Géarthnuns kindasorta make sense to me. [o.O] )

51. Chau skéhalglorsaub içte, Desíöbs lí sík sí íönselsít chí içthlavalsín ba dravnath vzhaugil.
DEF lunch-POST after, Brother-NOM AUX.FUT 1SG-DAT INDEF game-ACC DEF computer-INSTR PTCL do teach
After lunch, (my) Brother is going to teach me how to play a game on the computer.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

51. Ttaune iiclnauttnørulettiøkkeph, rnøppnʉf løsloniʉnoph fengttua ttiøttua.
ttaune iic-lnauttnørule-ttiø-kke-ph, rnø-ppnʉf løslo-niʉ-no-ph feng-ttua ttiø-ttua.
game play-computer-1SG-SUBJ-GOOD, lunch-after teach-such-3SG-FUT-GOOD brother-INV 1SG-INV.

After lunch, (my) brother is going to teach me how to play a game on the computer.

52. Cʉphithsai ngunon, khefʉl saunnon aphnon phlaul.
cʉphi-thsai ngu-no-n, khefʉl saun-no-n aph-no-n phlaul.
room-from walk-3SG-BAD, door kick-3SG-BAD through-3SG-BAD simultaneous.

He left the room, kicking the door as he walked through it.
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

52. Söb lé chí alsív, zçeshtanö söb lé cha höilkansab kéçö gatazala'u nzdanez sho, palenguf.
3SG-NOM AUX.PAST DEF room-LOC, as 3SG-NOM AUX.PAST DEF door.POST through kick.PresPTPL-ADV walk PTCL, leave
He left the room, kicking the door as he walked through it.

53. Héí! Feg ga, çörau chí „knönahailekíönselsít” ba dravnath ba zçünen daikh! -- seth lav sík hakfalsích 625elích* öiü chí hakfalígefrölsív kfakh, kfö tsovíeths lav hauhíönsel sho, seth gav fan hetloraz!
hey! 3SG-NOM.NEG AUX.PRES.EMPH, such.as.to DEF „snowball.game”-ACC PTCL do PTCL be.winter have.to -- 3SG-NOM AUX.PRES.IMPERS INDEF.PL word-ACC.PL 625-ACC.PL only-AdADJ DEF dictionary-LOC need, and whoever-NOM AUX.PRES.IMPERS play-SPEC PTCL, 3SG-NOM AUX.PRES.IMPERS.EMPH all-ADV win
Hey! It doesn't have to be winter for you to play the snowball game! -- you only need 625 words in your dictionary, and everybody who plays, wins!

*rhalkashad pungemnö palavelích
6.100 2.10 5.ADJ-ACC
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

41. Dang chreutmeu lognom siang huoo pan aañartmaiy look sbiat dang kpeun borm huoo bo.
so.then wonder why 1 think NEG apple be.brown rot be.even so.then eat can NEG EMPH
And so I ask myself, why did I not think that brown apple was too old (rotten) to eat?

42. Jaasteun nek Bloungdin ñoabook pngom arm ler ombtia ler lobnih ngoum choaklot-blaittom ler dongbach lao teuk ngjaytom ler oakgoat.
Justin and Brandon argue be.about matter belong restaurant belong what sell chocolate-clod belong uppermost.thing cover use sauce belong nut

43. Yoan'gna loum jgeng dua oytjik ler duool dang cheunggna choagduat-knung jgech met borm huoo daak.
even.if dog enter PERF room belong 2 then even.so everything-book pick.up take.away can NEG EMPH

44. Yoan oakchoy poon dua tek ma ging teuop dang teugai huoo skaom sdaa teuk ayng bngemge pderdat.
if hot.pepper cut PERF and.then eye insert hand then rub NEG clean must use water be.clean be.cool

ImageImageImage
45. Bgaiychaot keun sgahlor pngom bung kaafay bo yang.
today TPC be.appropriate be.about drink coffee EMPH EMPH

46. Kcheh heatheat yoan jmachgarng arch iol ntaa joon jkoch ork jgeng gwa dang eyn chaidaap klaang dgorp faal huoo ot-orp.
details say if married.couple throw coin be.several come.from bridge here enter river then child bear EPIS happen be.more.than NEG one-year
They say/It is said that if a couple throws some coins into the river from this bridge, they will have a baby within the year.

47. Yoan'gna knungspeen ork leapteugai huoo koonplar hiat huoo dang sgeulor daak.
even.if magazine here be.attractive NEG as.long.as be.yellow NEG then be.acceptable EMPH
This magazine doesn't have to look good, it just has to not be yellow.

48. Peen aaleum ongntey huoo weup huoo teuopkeuu.
child be.at.home make.an.attempt NEG be.with NEG adult

49. Toamah nek Jefay niak bgaiy mung cheung dgorp moang bao mgay boh leut.
Thomas and Jeffrey hunt IMPERF deer but happen be.immediately.after strike pierce mother EMPH

50. Gongkaa ot-dorng tmeen Hui-klauchyoh drayloy flet boguang nteyplar sark bogyou-warn noh chai huoo choo lobnih flet chai.
be.in.the.vicinity one-month before Who-doctor travel-through arrive past in.order.to tell previous-form-self COMPL do NEG EMPH what EVID do
About a month ago on Doctor Who, the Doctor travelled back in time to tell his former self not to do what he would have been going to have done. (Lit. went back in time to tell his former self not to do what he was going to do.)
(Himmaswa's lack of tense and conditional mood made this one much easier than the original sentence)

51. Chnor ler pchooh'om klot (flet) noat logiap snet mtehga ler klarkayngbalaofteukoyng.
anterior belong lunch older.brother (EVID) teach how play.with game belong electric-device-perform-reasoning
After lunch, (my) Brother is going to teach me how to play a game on the computer.

52. Ley tui peak weh ley dar pteng duiloy durm.
and 3 exit room and walk kick pass.through door
He left the room, kicking the door as he walked through it. (Lit. "As he left the room, so he kicked and passed through the door.")

53. Oa yoan'gna leuokmuan huoo dang cheunggna mteh ler teuoblait snet borm daak. Plarsdaa keun biatjdoy tgerng perng-tuoon-arng-jap-lui-biattpi choanaa aajung leyley gaakeuu snet tui ñeut gna logeuu daak.
hey even.if winter be.not so even.so play of snowball enjoy can EMPH | necessary TPC dictionary possess six-hundred-two-ten-five-lexeme be.just.that be and.not.only.that.but each-person enjoy 3 win regardless who EMPH
Hey! It doesn't have to be winter for you to play the snowball game! -- you only need 625 words in your dictionary, and everybody who plays, wins!

54. Sgeanghert euplar dbuoon faal leung ombtia sway ombtia keun keuochwnen faal huoo tmaywnen.
flower-shop earn money exceed separate.from restaurant because restaurant TPC customer-number exceed NEG chair-number
You can make money more quickly at a flower shop than at a restaurant, because at a restaurant you can only have as many people as you have chairs.
(This sentiment was expressed to me by someone who is actually partially in charge of a flower shop with a restaurant attached).
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

54. Vaçte sau íuméversauv chau flanaküwarhars lat chau börhölíwarharsaun zçeçivöz sho, sau íumévarsaub íe sa flahanahens la sa jaflensat azöna'u íe hejoidöth.
because INDEF restaurant-LOC DEF guest.number AUX.PRES.PASS DEF seat.number-INSTR limit PTCL, INDEF restaurant-POST than INDEF flower.shop AUX.PRES INDEF money-ACC quick-ADV more-AdADV earn-CONCL
You can make money more quickly at a flower shop than at a restaurant, because at a restaurant you can only have as many people as you have chairs.

55. Cha shtülansav hengenav sö adrévöbsöt ba zvaun che jebeths la höi sa rhégdaunsat höi söi íngözatsöit ban sof che jebethsek zdozh.
DEF city-LOC this-LOC INDEF taxi-ACC PTCL find DEF attempt-NOM AUX.PRES PTCL INDEF rabbit-ACC PTCL INDEF camel-ACC PTCL-CAUS give.birth DEF attempt-DAT be.like
Trying to find a taxi in this city is like trying to get a rabbit to give birth to a camel.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
PTSnoop
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by PTSnoop »

I've been tinkering around with Necthiøth a bit - I now have some allophony making the words a bit more pronouncable in places (and possibly a bit less in others). And I've lost the double <pp tt kk> for unaspirated /p t k/, making the Romanisation look a bit better.

53. Ri, anga taune eulenʉunʉc, khiøria kia epeluar iicmuamal, nesøiianlial ralai fekngual uaun kia iautnolaiun ngiøtsi male, iicmapl nez phemapl !
[ʁi, aŋa taune eulenywnyx, kʰjɔʁja kja epeluaʁ jixmwamal, nesøjianljal ʁalaj fekŋual waun kja e:tnolɨjun ŋjɔtsi male, jixmapl nez pʰemapl !]
ri, a-nga taune e-ule-nʉ-unʉc, khiør-ia kie e-peluar iic-mua-mal-l, nenso-iialnial rlai fenkual uaun kie iautngo-nga-iu-n ngiothsi mal-e, iic-mal-ph neʃ phe-mal-ph !
hey, TOPIC-3 game ADJ-name-ball-snow, winter-TEMP NEG ADJ-only play-can-0-TOPICGOOD, hundred-six twenty five morethan NEG length-3-OPT-BAD dictionary 0-GEN, play-0-GOOD then win-0-GOOD !

54. Anga nemlaura zau khuaknguamapl, tiaphingaunara cles, ie, putnaiun knanlakh knaanawie.
[aŋa nemlawra ʃau kʰwakŋwamapl, tjapʰiŋawnaʁa xles, je, putnajun knanlakʰ knaːnawje.]
a-nga thnemlau-ra zau khuakh-mua-mal-ph, tiaphi-ngaun-ra cles, ie, put-nga-iu-n knan-nlakh knan-pnauie.
TOPIC-3 restaurant-LOC money get-can-0-GOOD, shop-flower-LOC lessthan, because, equal-3-OPT-BAD quantity-people quantity-chairs.

55. Cuatnøpuranga, putsʉzman iuflaphutfiøthain ngiøm thai kleethiøthain zasnaken pol tusnua tusnua thai.
[xwatnøpuʁaŋa, putsyʃman juflapʰutfjɔtʰajn ŋjɔm tʰai kleːtʰjɔtʰajn ʃasnaken pol tusnwa tusnwa tʰai.]
ccuangtøpu-ra-nga, putsʉz-nga-n iuflaphuf-tiø-thai-n ngiom thai khleth-tiø-thai-n zas-nga-ke-n pol tusngua tusngua thai.
city-LOC-this, similar-3-BAD find-1SG-NOUN-BAD taxi NOUN enter-1SG-NOUN-BAD birth-3-SUBJ-BAD camel rabbit rabbit NOUN.

Trying to find a taxi in this city is like trying to get a rabbit to give birth to a camel.

56. Nia si etuangara nja si epøcara kouanguangan kuth fua?
[nja si etwaŋara nja si epøxaʁa kowaŋuaŋan kutʰ fwa?]
nia si e-tuang-ra nia si e-pøc-ra kouangua-nga-n kuth fua?
or man ADJ-left-LOC or man ADJ-right-LOC mean-3-BAD word 3SG?

By "he", do you mean the man on the left or on the right?
Iron
sinic
sinic

Post by Iron »

55. Säube mitraset Kravlunetrocher er uchti Zoreni en dar ersaubet vervlûset Duner hirwen Deensrochum.
['zæʏ̯bə 'mɪtʁɑst 'kʁɑfluntʁoxʁ ɛʁ 'ʊxti 'tso:ʁni ɛn dɛʁ ə'ʁsɑʊ̯pt fə'ʁflu:st 'du:nʁ hi:vn 'dɛ:nsʁoxum]
"Trying to find a taxi in this city is like trying to get a rabbit to give birth to a camel."
attempts find.INF wage-measurement-horse.ACC in this.ABL city.ABL be.3SG.PRS like try.REFL-INF force.INF rabbit.ACC give-birth.INF desert-horse.DAT

56. Almeje "sorg," leji er Oderi unses um dales Valer?
['ɑlməjə zɔʁk 'lɛji ɛʁ o:dʁi 'ʊnsəs ʊm dɑls fɑlʁ]
"By "he", do you mean the man on the left or on the right?"
while-say.3SG.PRS 3SG own.2SG.PRS in sight.ABL left.ACC or right.ACC human

57. Greg säube knachet Êsper et ôswölve, ge tunz, Êsp lääche sôgrir mir Greg dröune.
[gʁɛk 'zæʏ̯bə knɑxt 'vɛ:tsʁ ɛ:spʁ ɛt o:'zvœlfə gɛ tʊnts ɛ:sp læxə 'zo:gʁiʁ mɪʁ gʁɛk dʁœʏ̯nə]
"Greg tried salting the meat which he caught, but then, the meat wounded him and Greg died."
greg try.3SG.PST salt.INF meat.ACC that.SUBR hunt-finish.3SG.PST but then meat wound.3SG.PST he.ACC and greg die.3SG.PST
(Yay, another has entered the fray! [:D] )
wut