Collective Conworld?

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
✫✯♛Adnaan♛✯✫
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Collective Conworld?

Post by ✫✯♛Adnaan♛✯✫ »

Ohh I see, coming from a creationist point of view, we are kind of are living in a "con-world", this is the master engineer and designer's "con-world".

I see I came up with another kind of plant (which is a food crop- I still have to start on a mock-up), it's a fruit, to be more precise a kind of berry, in order to store and preserve it for times of hardship the creatures of the planet make it into a time of compote/jelly/conserve. The plant could have a thick stem and it could have four separate sections coming out of it , in the centre of the four sections (which are a bit like branches- 4 or 5 fruit berries grow on each branch) the seeds of the plant are located, the plant spreads it's seeds using the wind a bit like how the dandelion flower disperses it's seeds,

I believe in a highly ritualistic and cultured society, so when making my con-culture I'm gonna make like that, there wedding ceremonies will be highly ritualistic and full of customs.
Flaverius
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Flaverius »

Can I take part at this project, too?
I never worked out a conworld with other people, but I would really enjoy to be a part of this project.
Everything that is already wirtten about this conworld sounds really interresting.

I would claim the two small pennisulas of the northern continent for my conculture. It would be named Jálka Pennisulas. Which is also the name of the conpeople living there.

rforqs
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by rforqs »

Wow, it's great to see that people are getting interested in this. I apologize for not responding and I may not be available for a while, but right now I plan to be up-to-date and as responsive I can. I love the ideas being made here and I appreciate the autonomy of you all. I was hoping we could begin our civilizations in the Stone Age and work our way up, building the world history, perhaps deciding to continue to the next level of technological advancement per consensus. benjamino59 makes a point that we don't necessarily need to each pick a single political/cultural entity alone. It is entirely possible to build many together or for one person to have several or for several people to govern one. I would like to continue the discussions of species and biology until more decisions are made, however I would like to have an intelligent humanoid species to host these cultures and I am liking the species described by benjamino59. I would like conlanging to be a free for all. Do whatever you want with the languages, the possibilities are literally endless. Also, I made a really nice political map but it will not upload without being corrupted. For now i have a small, low quality preview of it below . The original has layers so changes and additions can and should be be made. Thank you!

benjamino59
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by benjamino59 »

It could actually be pretty fun to start out at year 0, and then let each day in real life be something like 10-100 years in the conworld. Then, as civilization continues, we could let each day in real life be a shorter amount of time in the conworld.

Also, does any of you have the games Spore and Minecraft? Spore is a game about developing a species in a world, which you can fully customise. It's a great tool for visualizing species, since you can easily change their looks. The game has 5 stages: Bacteria, Animal, Tribal, Civilazation and Space.

Minecraft is a game, where you build with blocks. It's very cool at visualizing ideas, I've tried using it to test out architectural ideas before.

EDIT: I tried to do a quick sketch of the species in Spore:

I'm sorry for the low quality pics, I had to take a picture of my computer screen with my ipad.
Love, love, love... What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.
Blackscreen
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Blackscreen »

Might I join as well?

Hmm let's see — ah my country:

Close Up:

I will be adding some Cultural Stuff in a doc some time later:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SA6 ... sp=sharing
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

If I am allowed to join, as well, the geographical claims are encircled in black.

Further notices: The inhabiting population consists primarily of these (also created with Spore): Image
A sentient evolution of chinchillas (yes, sentient rodents [>:)] ), mostly benevolent, herbivore (when observed, of course!).
And the scientific nomenclature, well, it is a typo, it should read "Viscachochilla", they aren't Basque.

While it was mentioned that we could, eventually, start at the Neolithic, why not? Wouldn't there be some artistic freedom to say that some humans brought their favourite animal varieties to this planet, to observe them evolve into sentient, cultural beings? And the "year zero" might be indicated by some invention, a pure incident, like, the incidental invention of agriculture (or a bit before that).

Administrative borders wouldn't be important until some "Roman" period (I mean you, Blackscreen).

Well, who's next?

Edit: Should anybody have problems viewing the pictures, here's the link to the folder: http://db.tt/LShbrUOv
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
rforqs
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by rforqs »

Alright, so here's the map I have so far. I'm still working on a better resolution but this is what we have now as far as a political map of Uq. http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w53 ... 9da3c3.jpg
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

I currently draw a political/administrative map of my lands (i.e. the lands of my people/rodents), so it might take some time to show some results.
Fun fact: I'm doing this with a mouse, lead with my right hand as a left-handed person but the result is quite ok. The era I'm striving for is a cognate to our world's Roman republican period (or something).

Aaand it's done: a rough administrative map, showing the provinces (in Romanz/really bad Latin) at a "Roman era", under the premise that no territorial changes occurred.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tyvkpfgsm7h2 ... 20sola.bmp
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Hey guys, anybody alive here beside me?
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I just now decided to look the thread over; I have no contribution to make yet.
Sliggoo
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Sliggoo »

EDIT: Won't have the time, but still, good luck on your project.
Last edited by Sliggoo on 10 Oct 2013 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Sliggoo wrote:http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p76 ... 7e8d44.png
Made a claim of my own - the brownish circle at bottom left corner between Ngāroakoi and Milaniyagar, which I'll name when I have a basic conlang ready. Although, for a working name it could be something like Klefki or whatever.
So is Uq any relation to Uqbar of Borges's "Tlön, Uqbar, ..."?