The Sixth Conversation Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: The Sixth Conversation Thread

Post by Khemehekis »

zyma wrote: 30 Apr 2024 22:01
Khemehekis wrote: 13 Apr 2024 01:36
I will say that, for Lexember, I kind of "push" myself to come up with a number of different senses/meanings for each word, because I feel like, if I'm going to go to the trouble of making a post, I want it to feel worth my time, so to speak, and I feel like I'm somehow being more "productive" by giving each word multiple definitions. So, I don't know if my Lexember entries are really reflective of my overall conlanging "style", but since I haven't really posted anything I've been working on outside of Lexember for quite a while now, I certainly can't blame you or anyone else for coming to that conclusion. Alternatively, you may be spot-on, and I just haven't realized yet how general my penchant for polysemy is!
I see now why you had so many meanings! I didn't realize that. I really can't recall any stuff on the words you've created for Hanaitto or other conlangs outside of Lexember. As for my Shaleyan Lexember entries, I usually miss a few days, so I have to post several days' worth of new words in one day. And of course, I always write sentences for those words, and the sentences I come up with tend to require the creation of many new "Bonus Words". And I get new grammar rules out of my sentences, as well.
(I somehow didn't see this until today, so my apologies for the delayed response.)

Well, I haven't really posted about anything I've been working on outside of Lexember for quite a few years now. In an ideal world, I'd like to include example sentences in my Lexember entries as well, but it's also been a few years since I've felt as though I've had enough free time to actually do so. As long as I'm able to post at least one word per day, though, that's good enough for me. Of course, it's nice being able to see what other participants are able to include in their entries. [:)]
OK, then my memory wasn't as bad as I thought. Is there a reason you seldom post here about your own conlangery?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 92,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
lurker
greek
greek

Post by lurker »

As long as we're fishing for media recommendations, can anyone recommend media for someone who's into mechs but dislikes anime?

I've already consumed the following:

- Transformers gen 1, Beast Wars, and the original 80s animated film.
- Megas XLR.
- The original seasons of Power Rangers plus the 90s movie.
- Starship Troopers (the book)
- Armored Core (the first few games plus the recently released AC6). Yeah it's got a lot of anime tropes, but the gameplay makes up for it.
- Custom Robo (the one released in the US on GameCube. Same as AC regarding anime tropes, but still a fun game)

I am aware of, and have no interest in:

- The rest of the Transformers franchise (Their approach to continuity is annoying).
- The remaining seasons of Power Rangers (I watched MMPR religiously as a kid, but just sort of grew out of it after the movie came out.)
- Starship Troopers the film adaptation (Not my kind of film, although I find it interesting that the movie is a critique of the book).

Other stuff that falls within the same general area that I also have enjoyed:

- Tron (the original movie, the sequel less so, but Tron Uprising was an interesting show)
- ReBoot
- The original Matrix movie

Pacific Rim is on my list of things to watch already.
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Khemehekis wrote: 07 May 2024 17:39 OK, then my memory wasn't as bad as I thought. Is there a reason you seldom post here about your own conlangery?
Well, it's not because of anything having to do with the board itself. I just tend to use up most of my time and energy elsewhere, I guess.
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

zyma wrote: 07 May 2024 21:02 Well, it's not because of anything having to do with the board itself. I just tend to use up most of my time and energy elsewhere, I guess.
I really identify with this statement.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Creyeditor wrote: 08 May 2024 01:20
zyma wrote: 07 May 2024 21:02 Well, it's not because of anything having to do with the board itself. I just tend to use up most of my time and energy elsewhere, I guess.
I really identify with this statement.
I assumed I wasn't the only one, but I appreciate the confirmation. [:)]

As for media recommendations, I'm afraid I don't have much to contribute in that regard.
(she)
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

We're coming up on 237,000 CBB posts! This one is #236,990. I expect I'll be asleep for the big moment, so would y'all keep an eye out for me? [:D] (I just enjoy number milestones like this, lol.)
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Xúuuatxia Alushi [Unnamed] Ẹlnk
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

I should be more of those posts. But I think I'm gonna be able to get back into conlanging regularly now that I figured what's going on.
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Arayaz wrote: 17 May 2024 02:54 We're coming up on 237,000 CBB posts! This one is #236,990. I expect I'll be asleep for the big moment, so would y'all keep an eye out for me? [:D] (I just enjoy number milestones like this, lol.)
I believe that this was the 237,000th post (making this one #237,001).
(she)
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

zyma wrote: 17 May 2024 13:27
Arayaz wrote: 17 May 2024 02:54 We're coming up on 237,000 CBB posts! This one is #236,990. I expect I'll be asleep for the big moment, so would y'all keep an eye out for me? [:D] (I just enjoy number milestones like this, lol.)
Thank you!!
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Xúuuatxia Alushi [Unnamed] Ẹlnk
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Arayaz wrote: 17 May 2024 15:11
zyma wrote: 17 May 2024 13:27
Thank you!!
I'm glad I noticed it! [:D] I'd never realized that the total number of posts on the board was displayed at the bottom of the main page before seeing what you said here, but I think I know what you mean about "enjoying number milestones".
(she)