No one can understand this language

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Re: No one can understand this language

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

:con: Wåpwopwåhisi

Eveniméʻaʻokeveo miwåpwopwåhisi måwubwå, mikobwåmwo iumemiéwåbwåʻåwuu énin iisihiyéwåbwåmwépiu énin iiʻiméwåbwåå, veʻau pwopwåhit mwåwubwå.
[œβʲœnʲymʲøʔäʔəkœβʲœː mʲywɔpʷopʷɔhisi mʷɔwubʷɔ | mʲykobʷɔmʷo yːmʲœmʲyøwɔbʷɔʔɔwuː enʲinʲ iːsihijøwɔbʷɔmʷøpʲyː enʲinʲ iːʔymʲøwɔbʷɔː | βʲœʔäɨ pʷopʷɔhitʲ mʷɔwubʷɔ]
ä=βʲä-nʲɨ-mʲəʔä-ʔə-käβʲ-äw mʲɨ=wä-pʷəpʷähɨtʲ-ɨ mʷä-wɨ-bʷä | mʲɨ=kəbʷämʷə nʲɨ-mʲämʲɨ-əwä-bʷä-ʔäwə-w ənʲɨnʲ nʲɨ-tʲəhɨj-əwä-bʷä-mʷəpʲɨ-w ənʲɨnʲ nʲɨ-ʔɨmʲə-əwä-bʷä-w | βʲäʔäɨ pʷəpʷähɨtʲ mʷä-wɨ-bʷä
NOM=2SG.SUBJ-3SG.OBJ-regard-CONT-by.ear-NOM DEF=GEN-pwopwåhisi-PL RECIP-stand-GNOM, REL=no.one 3SG.OBJ-read-POT-GNOM-read-REL or 3SG.OBJ-speak-POT-GNOM-by.mouth-REL or 3SG.OBJ-understand-POT-GNOM-REL, unless pwopwåhisi RECIP-stand-GNOM

'What you're listening to is the language of the Pwopwåhisi, which no-one can read nor speak nor understand unless they are Pwopwåhisi."
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

VaptuantaDoi wrote: 19 Feb 2024 12:09 :con: Wåpwopwåhisi
So that's the name of your new conlang? Sounds like something Pabappa would name a language.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 19 Feb 2024 23:38
VaptuantaDoi wrote: 19 Feb 2024 12:09 :con: Wåpwopwåhisi
So that's the name of your new conlang? Sounds like something Pabappa would name a language.
I must agree... Sounds cool though!
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

:con: Arežagh

er arežagh venelh lhiləghigíghivəghə́šš. ə́nigharežagh ing kəmm əlegéghóghə́šš ít.
er arežagh venelh lhi-lhəgh-igíghiv-əghə́šš / ə́nigh-arežagh ing kəmm ə-le-kégh-óghə́šš ít

language Arežagh now 2pl-3sg.AN-hear-CERT / speak-Arežagh for northerner 3sg.IN-HAB-fail-CERT always
[e¹r a¹.re¹.ʒa¹ɣ vẽ¹.ne¹ɬ ɬi¹.lə¹.ɣi¹.ɡi⁵.ɣi¹.və¹.ɣə⁵ʃ] [ə⁵.ni¹.ɣa¹.re¹.ʒa¹ɣ ĩ¹ŋ kə̃¹m mə¹.le¹.ɡe⁵.ɣo⁵.ɣə⁵ʃ ʃi⁵t]

You now hear the Arežagh language. Northerners always fail to speak Arežagh.

A bit more conworld-specific here. Kəmm is the derogatory Arežagh for a northerner.
For those who care about such things, it derives from a word meaning "taboo-breaker." This refers to the fact that the historical Ohesian moiety system is falling out of use in the northern peninsular areas. Since then, this has spread such that the southerners have little regard for it either, but the name remains. For fairness, the derogatory NE Areyaxi word for a southerner is nyexə, or "butcher," as the people of the south have a (well-deserved) reputation for warlikeness.

Also, I did 2pl since this is in a video, and thus addressing a plural audience.

Translation Challenge: 32%
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

:con: Abaniscen

Bi is novi Abaniscen, laynure orey is amey, tia, e vane sanhay, i Abaniscenahay tam.
[byʔʲísnɔ̃vy ʔabɑ̃́ɲiskɛ̃n | lajnuɾéʔɔɾɛj ʔʲísʔãmœj tʲáʔɛvɑ̃nésãn̥aj | ʔʲiʔábãɲiské̃nahaj tãm]
2s.O that hear Abaniscen | approximate-O nobody-O that read speak or understand | 3s.O Abaniscena-NULL if
What you are hearing is Abaniscen, which almost nobody can read, speak, or understand if they are not Abaniscena.

Translation challenge: 50‰
Note: -O is the "oblique" case.
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor