CBB Reconstruction Relay 2024 (Signups continuing)

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: CBB Reconstruction Relay 2024 (Signups continuing)

Post by thethief3 »

Arbanus from the Arbanian word for Great Father God
God of the Sylvans he created them when he was rejected by the goddess of nature and progenitor of the elves even though they had loved each other since childhood and had tended to the world and its wilds together. His domains include nature, fertility, storms, radiance and battle. He is a key god of the hunt covering preparation and the thrill of the hunt (as well as war) as well as exaltations of strength and dominance.

Mandeksi from the Arbanian word for Elf Mother
Progenitor goddess of the elves sometimes titled the wolf mother. She presides over the movement of the seasons and emotions as well as childbirth and beauty. Her domains include nature, fertility, knowledge, twilight, equinoxes and serenity. She is also a goddess of the hunt and covers the moment of a kill. She also covers the peace of death as well as reincarnation and the cycle of life.

Indeus
God of the changing seasons and son of the wolf mother. He was revered as the virgin god from summer to winter as well as the sleeping god in winter but in spring he would take a single wife often from the elves or sylvans but ones from other races were known. One time he even seduced the goddess of the dawn. He is associated with purity, chastity and also sexual potency especially in spring where his power was at highest.

Primal Dragoness of Order
One of the twin creators of the world who presides over order and stability as well as the stars. Not much is known about her at this point.

Primal Dragoness of Change
One of the twin creators of the world who presides over freedom and change as well as moving celestial objects like the sun, moon and planets. Not much is known about her at this point.

Primal Dragon of Darkness
Twin brother of the Primal Dragon of Light. He worked evil into creation leading to eventual battle with his brother. His domains include shadow, negation, trickery, death and brutality.

Primal Dragon of Light
Twin brother of the Primal Dragon of Darkness. He banished his brother, lending him the title of first hero or paladin. His domains include light and heroism.
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

I probably should have gotten to you earlier. I'm sorry about that. I got sick, and I was knocked out pretty bad.

The team agrees to share a world. But we're a split over whether there should be several races or other high-fantasy stuff. Some of us are ok with it, but a few us would really rather not.

Also what is Arbanian?
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

Well if you are not okay with the high fantasy aspects you probably shouldn't share the world.
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

Aye. Should've thought of that. Back to arbitration.
Again, I'm very sorry about the delays.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Funny thos should come up. On January 19, I sent a PM to my relay team that read:
by Khemehekis
Well, if thethief's team wants to make us all share a medieval fantasy type world where there're elves, dwarves, orcs, and magic, my interest will plummet.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

Granted fantasy worlds don't have to be like that but this one is already shaping up to be like that.
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

I've tallied the votes. We'll do a separate world.
Again, I'm sorry I've put you through this rigamaroll. You've done a lot of work, and I don't want you to feel it's gone to waste.
Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

Wait, I didn't know our conlangs were set in a high fantasy setting.
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

I'm not sure i was too clear on clarifying but you could have read the whole server.
Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

thethief3 wrote: 24 Jan 2024 23:27 I'm not sure i was too clear on clarifying but you could have read the whole server.
With hindsight, I probably should have checked out the server more. I am not opposed to the setting, I guess I just assumed what the setting would be and was startled by finding out how wrong I was. I apologize for my overreaction. I am going to check out the server right now.
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

This isn't going well on my teams end. Lack of support from other members is leading to a lack of progress and there hasn't been much posts these last couple of weeks.
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

There hasn't been much going on on our end either.
I personally hope to finish the grammar soon. (In a couple weeks, I mean.)
Don't worry though - like Man in Space said, this is natural.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Yeah. I asked a question on verb categories in my mailing group, and so far I haven't gotten any answers. I'd like to create some verbs for my ring's lexicon, but I need that help first.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

I don't think we will come up with anything to reconstruct on my teams end
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

I was planning to work on our lang last weekend, but then I didn't, but I'll work on it tomorrow. I'm sure we can come up with a descendant each in a month or two.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Ehm... I can make a descendant whenever we need, but we haven't had a lot of activity recently.

Edit: post #1111
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Abisj
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

I know. I haven't been active either. But, I'm thinking up ways to work on it on paper. if I can fig that out, then there will. prob. be progress on my end.
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

Arayaz wrote: 10 Mar 2024 14:54 Ehm... I can make a descendant whenever we need, but we haven't had a lot of activity recently.

We don't even have a full table of the languages morphology and it currently hasn't even been updated to the current phonology
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

thethief3 wrote: 11 Mar 2024 10:51
Arayaz wrote: 10 Mar 2024 14:54 Ehm... I can make a descendant whenever we need, but we haven't had a lot of activity recently.

We don't even have a full table of the languages morphology and it currently hasn't even been updated to the current phonology
Ah, well, I meant more in terms of time.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Abisj
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
thethief3
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by thethief3 »

Well we haven't seen a single post about ideas for descendants from anyone but me or any posts from anyone but Arayaz in the last month. But i am slowly filling out forms in the proto language.