Fredauon Fun Facts

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Re: Fredauon Fun Facts

Post by WeepingElf »

WeepingElf wrote: 25 Jan 2024 22:48
Creyeditor wrote: 25 Jan 2024 18:25 Btw, elves and wizards are of course both humans.
Yeah - my Elves are just humans, too.
And the wizards of course also. In my conceit, wizards are not a "race", they are a profession - and their spells rarely work [;)]
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

WeepingElf wrote: 26 Jan 2024 21:01
WeepingElf wrote: 25 Jan 2024 22:48
Creyeditor wrote: 25 Jan 2024 18:25 Btw, elves and wizards are of course both humans.
Yeah - my Elves are just humans, too.
And the wizards of course also. In my conceit, wizards are not a "race", they are a profession - and their spells rarely work [;)]
They are ethnic groups/political entities on Fredauon. And I always thought that these are basically exonyms made up by neighbourings folks.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Creyeditor wrote: 26 Jan 2024 15:41
VaptuantaDoi wrote: 25 Jan 2024 22:09 Were the birds ever flighted, or did they just evolve straight from land-dwelling dinosaurs?
Difficult question. Do we know for sure how flightlessness came about in Earth birds? I think, I tried to read up on it and there are competing analyses. Right now, I think, I have to say that at least some of the birds never evolved from flighted birds on Fredauon.
Cool. I guess if they don't have vestigial wings, would they have little T-rex arms?
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Hmm, they still have vestigal wings. The only clawed birds that I have come up with so far are the above mentioned Hoatzyn. (*Here* on Earth, Hoatzin chicks actually have clawed wings, Hoatzyns *there* on Fredauon just keep using them into adulthood.) The idea of flightlessness not being a derived property actually was inspired by earlier theories that (flightless) ratites could have evolved from an very early flightless ancestor *here on Earth*.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #6:
The Kobardon-speaking Wizard Republic was founded as an elective monarchy after peace negotiations between two warring kingdoms resulted in an agreement that a council consisting of nobles from both kingdoms would elect a new king every eight years - the two royal dynasties hoping that they would take turns in ruling. Neither dynasty was ever elected or gained power in the whole history of the Wizard Republic.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #7:
The military government is considered an intrinsic part of the society and culture in the Omlueuet-speaking state of Bólks, even though it was only established after the Great War when Bólks was occupied by the Wizard Republic.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #8:
The Evil Queen of the Pøplish-speaking Glorious City is called like this because of a semantic shift; the word used to mean simple or level-headed in Old Pøplish but now means evil, which is very much fitting for her contentious, authoritaritan, and expansionist policies.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Creyeditor wrote: 30 Jan 2024 16:13 Fredauon Fun Fact #8:
The Evil Queen of the Pøplish-speaking Glorious City is called like this because of a semantic shift; the word used to mean simple or level-headed in Old Pøplish but now means evil, which is very much fitting for her contentious, authoritaritan, and expansionist policies.
Wow, that's fun
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber family Ngama Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #9:
One of the strangest incidents in the history of Fredauon was an encounter with the paradimensional beings known as The Others, who can move wilfully through time and timelimes but irreversibly and involuntary through three-dimensional space. The crisis was only solved after a group of linguists found a way to communicate with The Others and an agreement was reached to avoid each other in order to not endanger the existence of either of the two groups.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Creyeditor wrote: 31 Jan 2024 09:38 Fredauon Fun Fact #9:
One of the strangest incidents in the history of Fredauon was an encounter with the paradimensional beings known as The Others, who can move wilfully through time and timelimes but irreversibly and involuntary through three-dimensional space.
Yo, I had this idea once too. I was too lazy to turn it into anything though. Is anything known about the society of the Others?
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

No, actually not, they remain pretty mysterious. They must understand some form of communication because they were able to comprehend the signals send by the group of Fredauon linguists. They also must have some of societal control since they were able to enforce the agreement among individual Others (provided that they have individuals).
Some Fredauon historians started to ancient spiritual experiences to contact with The Others but this is controversial. This would be the only way to get further insights into their culture/society/nature.
Btw, this was the first global crisis on Fredauon.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

Misquote time.
Creyeditor wrote: 31 Jan 2024 17:09 the group of Fredauon linguists ... were able to enforce the agreement among individual Others (provided that they have individuals).
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

[:D] Pronoun binding/reference resolution at its best.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Creyeditor wrote: 31 Jan 2024 17:09 No, actually not, they remain pretty mysterious. They must understand some form of communication because they were able to comprehend the signals send by the group of Fredauon linguists. They also must have some of societal control since they were able to enforce the agreement among individual Others (provided that they have individuals).
Some Fredauon historians started to ancient spiritual experiences to contact with The Others but this is controversial. This would be the only way to get further insights into their culture/society/nature.
Btw, this was the first global crisis on Fredauon.
In what way were they a threat?

Also, is it possible that the Others accidentally end up encountering the Fredauons again? If their memories extend through space rather than time, they wouldn't know to avoid the time at which Fredauon will later intersect an earlier point in their trajectory.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

My idea is that the Others consist of (and maybe interact with) a kind of paradimensional matter (paramatter for short) which can occupy the same space, time, and timeline as ordinary matter. However, the two kinds of matter interact, even more so if its the kind of (para)matter produced by advanced civilizations. The matter interaction is not destructive per se, but fatal for living beings and technological equipment. This is a threat for Fredauon and The Others.

The agreement works because The Others only just entered the space (and time(line)) where Fredauon exists. From this space onwards they will avoid the time(line) where Fredauon exists. Similarly, the people of Fredauon agree to keep certain areas of space clear - from this timeon - just in case The Others might show up again. Of course, this means that the temporal/timeline trajectory of Fredauon and the spatial trajectory of The Others have to be known.
Of course, the future Fredauon might intersect an spatially earlier point of the trajectory of The Others. But they shouldn't, because they agreed not too and because it's dangerous. Similarly, The Others could enter the timeline of Fredauon again and arrive in Fredauons past or futurs, but they shouldn't, for the same reasons.

There might be a flaw in my reasoning. If so, please feel free to point it out.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #10
The consensus among Wizard paleontologists is that Fredauons human (or the human equivalent of Fredauon) evolved on the Islands In Between (located between The Continent and The Other Continent), especially on their vast beaches. Walking is then seen as an adaptive strategy to wade through shallow water, similar to the Water Ape Theory *here on Earth*.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

Ah, the Aquatic Ape Theory! It is most likely wrong in our world, but it may be correct in your conworld (as it appears to be in Mark Rosenfelder's Almea).
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I didn't know that. What a strange coincidence!
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #11
The Great Bay area is home to an ongoing low-level violent conflict between the farming population and the fishermen of the coastal areas. One factor is the farmers control over the highly addictive and hallucinogenic species of bamboo cultivated in the area.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #12:
In Fredauon chemistry, atoms are really indivisible components of matter only differing in color and shape between different elements, which include water, air, panacea, miasma, and vis vitalis, among others.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."